Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Visible improvements

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 3:18:28 PM
I saw this a while ago, but I wanted to bring it back up now that the expansion is in full swing. Would people like to see all the improvements visible on the planet view? Basically having a 3D artistic representation of the progress of your colony. I thought of how in Sins NPC ships fly between planet and planet.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 3:55:02 PM
meeeeeller wrote:
I saw this a while ago, but I wanted to bring it back up now that the expansion is in full swing. Would people like to see all the improvements visible on the planet view? Basically having a 3D artistic representation of the progress of your colony. I thought of how in Sins NPC ships fly between planet and planet.

In my opinion, the planet's massive city lights and the huge space stations orbiting a very populated planet are already satisfactory. But sure, I would love to see even more 3D visual effects in my systems.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 13, 2013, 12:35:10 PM
For example:

- industry exploitation would make planet's atmosphere (and oceans, if available) visually more polluted (despite that industrialisation doesn't necessarily always mean pollution);

- food exploitation would add great green/brown/golden/alien fields to the planet's surface (and 'kelp'/'fish' farms, if oceans are available);

- commercial exploitation would add higher (visible from SPACE!) buildings to the planet's aglomerations;

- science exploitation would add some kick-ass radio telescope arrays, particle accelerators (again, visible from SPACE!) etc.

Eh? Eh?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 13, 2013, 3:41:27 PM
Divine_Moments_of_Truth wrote:
For example:

- industry exploitation would make planet's atmosphere (and oceans, if available) visually more polluted (despite that industrialisation doesn't necessarily always mean pollution);

- food exploitation would add great green/brown/golden/alien fields to the planet's surface (and 'kelp'/'fish' farms, if oceans are available);

- commercial exploitation would add higher (visible from SPACE!) buildings to the planet's aglomerations;

- science exploitation would add some kick-ass radio telescope arrays, particle accelerators (again, visible from SPACE!) etc.

Eh? Eh?

Perfect concepts. However, I think that if you have an very advanced industrial exploitation technology, it wouldn't generate pollution on the planet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 12:57:36 AM
Pollution probably would not factor in, what with all the 'dust' about. Haha, but I personally love the idea of more visual improvements. As I stated in my thread, there should be a better visual experience to your empire. I really like the idea with ships going between planets in a system. That might require some changes to the system view, however. It would need to look more solar system-ish.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment