Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Changes to Wartime Diplomacy

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 7:19:27 PM
Currently, the AI is still very stubborn when it comes to surrender issues. If I am about to take over one of their remaining three systems and offer them a ceasefire as long as they give me all of their dust, the AI always rejects the surrender proposal. Is that somehow preferable to total annihilation?

If an AI is on the verge of being destroyed by another faction, I think it should become willing to accept ANY peace proposal, regardless how humiliating. Morever, I think that the narrative text from the AI's diplomat should change to a more desparate tone.

At the very least, I think that if the AI is going to reject the peace treaty, they should at least do so with narrative text that acknowledges the possibility of destruction. (eg, the Hissho diplomat says "Surrender with these humiliating terms?! The Hissho would fight and die honorably than submit and live dishonorably!")
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 8:02:57 PM
This does make a lot of sense... and I think this is one of many possibilities that could be made to improve the diplomatic exchanges... I hope they have improved this sort of thing for the expansion...
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment