Sower rebalanced w/ new affinity

Yes
No
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 12:00:04 AM
Affinity

- Sowers do not take the static -smiley: approval from colonising planets (e.g. the -5 -10 -15? can't remember if it went that high)

- 10% of smiley: food is added to smiley: industry (not a reduction in food output)

Traits

Half the points cost of Tolerant (both levels) (e.g. point cost now 10,5)

make /65 trait points

Remove

Dust Recyclers, Slow Travellers

Add

Builders (---), Fast Travellers (-), Meticulous analysis (-) Cloning (-)

65/65

^allows the to build and expand fast e.g. what their supposed to do.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 12:14:35 AM
Counter proposal:

-80%smiley: food, 70% smiley: industry to smiley: food on system

tolerant trait changed to: level 1: -100% smiley: dustsmiley: science on planets without tech. level 2: -50% smiley: dustsmiley: science on planets without tech.

(This makes the sowers a steam rolling faction that has few advantages from a planets natural food generation but soon uses industry to food bonus to create super high population systems without compromising production. the new tolerant trait destroys dust and science generation of planets without the appropriate tech but allows easy colonisation of high industry worlds, stacking very, very well with sower industry-food conversion.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 12:45:23 AM
I differ to Igncom1 because he has spent extensive time modding the Sowers and that is what seemed to balance them out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 1:39:09 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Counter proposal:

-80%smiley: food, 70% smiley: industry to smiley: food on system

tolerant trait changed to: level 1: -100% smiley: dustsmiley: science on planets without tech. level 2: -50% smiley: dustsmiley: science on planets without tech.

(This makes the sowers a steam rolling faction that has few advantages from a planets natural food generation but soon uses industry to food bonus to create super high population systems without compromising production. the new tolerant trait destroys dust and science generation of planets without the appropriate tech but allows easy colonisation of high industry worlds, stacking very, very well with sower industry-food conversion.)

Interesting... but are you sure that wouldn't be OP?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 2:24:51 PM
I think the sowers were nerfed when their 50 or 60% industry became only 40%. 70% is a huge increase, but he reduced the tolerant change to level one which has a full 100% decrease in dust and science production without tech. When I play sowers (recent games that is) I exploit and improve into industry first (before ind -> science conversion when I can spare it smiley: stickouttongue) meaning I get behind in dust and science. Without reading the benefits igncom stated in brackets, it seems balanced. (can't say much after reading them smiley: stickouttongue)

It'll be seen in time smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 7:08:05 PM
stasik28 wrote:
I think the sowers were nerfed when their 50 or 60% industry became only 40%. 70% is a huge increase, but he reduced the tolerant change to level one which has a full 100% decrease in dust and science production without tech. When I play sowers (recent games that is) I exploit and improve into industry first (before ind -> science conversion when I can spare it smiley: stickouttongue) meaning I get behind in dust and science. Without reading the benefits igncom stated in brackets, it seems balanced. (can't say much after reading them smiley: stickouttongue)

It'll be seen in time smiley: smile

Indeed it will.

I'm more concerned that they might be buffed too much... I'm playing the Sowers in my current game against the Automatons (Endless difficulty, fast)... I'm 125 turns in and the Automatons have the edge in science, and I have slightly better fleets, but less than half what the Automatons have. I expect to win, but it's going to be very close to the 150 turns, which I can't go to, or I'll lose. I've spent the whole game catching up, which is always fun. However, if the Sowers can win on fast and Endless, they can't be THAT bad... they don't need much to make a difference.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 7:38:33 PM
In the Save the Sowers! Modding test discussion, Igncom1 has a link to where you can download his tweaked Sowers mod. It actually makes them pretty balanced, and if your worried you should check it out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 9:03:40 PM
Can you provide a link to that please, there are so many Save the Sowers threads about these days, I can't see it!

Igncom1's mod seems far more balanced than most suggestions I've read, some of which have been outrageously OP... and it makes a lot more sense too. I would like to try it though...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 9:14:10 PM
Dont worry Quasar i will sume up all suggestion with links on Sunday i try my best to make a overlookable summ up.

to your game against Endless Ai...they are bad...you are just obviously a good player. Play the same game with the Sophons/Craver or a Custom Sophons race...

u would have achieved a science victory at turn 60...end of the game..play hissho and all your enemys are dead at turn 90 and so on...

Sowers are compared to the other races UP not to the AI thats how i see them.

PS: to that affinity

my iam just worried that it made the unique sower gameplay to vanish

they are would be just a race then every other which have to build food buildings with a very little industrie boost.

And when they would build industrie buildings the bonus from the food is then again very little.

Its also not that good for the tolerant trait cause food buildings are not that good for T3 and T4 planets.

And the idea behind the current affinity is not bad (machines dont need food) but its just badly realized.

step by step and a work together with the devs is necessary.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 23, 2013, 11:06:08 PM
Foraven wrote:
Might i suggest you don't include all the files but just the ones you actually changed?

Sorry bout that, I tend to leave them in because of ease of modding.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment