Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Crime in Systems

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Apr 2, 2013, 11:04:25 PM
I think it would be a pretty cool if there was crime on systems that is tied with the system approval - the higher the crime rate, the more of a negative effect on system approval and overall empire approval. While this may add a tad bit more micro-managing, I think it would be awesome if the systems and their planets had a little more detail and life to them. I think crime, among other things, has the potential to add detail to systems and their corresponding planets. Also, it would be cool if there were a way to correlate the amount of crime in a system to the amount of pirates that appear near the system, or something like that. This is just a very simple thought that I had, and I thought I would post it for discussion! Let me know if you had any ideas pertaining to this!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 4:17:58 AM
I agree with this crime proposal. Think about actually having rebellions and not just the system being on strike. Happiness should have an affect not only on the fids but also impact the system with the possibility of there being pirates spawning, due to the crime rate being correlated to the happiness level. This proposal would add a better diplomatic feel for the game oO'
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 9:17:52 AM
Wyeth21 wrote:
I think it would be a pretty cool if there was crime on systems that is tied with the system approval - the higher the crime rate, the more of a negative effect on system approval and overall empire approval. While this may add a tad bit more micro-managing, I think it would be awesome if the systems and their planets had a little more detail and life to them. I think crime, among other things, has the potential to add detail to systems and their corresponding planets. Also, it would be cool if there were a way to correlate the amount of crime in a system to the amount of pirates that appear near the system, or something like that. This is just a very simple thought that I had, and I thought I would post it for discussion! Let me know if you had any ideas pertaining to this!

So you'd have, perhaps, 3 or 4 buildable police buildings that, if you leave them unbuilt, the overall crime rate goes up, which would affect the system approval. If you still don't do anything, Pirates appear, in increasing numbers. Am I correct?

I think this could be modded... perhaps a modder could confirm this. Could be interesting.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment