Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Things that need to be added?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 3:24:26 AM
This game is like an enhanced Galactic Civilizations, and so they should just use half the stuff in that game and rename it, they have basically used everything else so its not stealing or anything.

So i have listed a few things id like in the game smiley: smile

1. I would like a ground force implemented, it gives more options to like design tanks or men ect, its all auto combat but i guess this is a big ask?

2. Research tree tweaked? Seems a bit boring after the first few games the tree only has minor differences for each race, i mean theres no unique weapon for each faction ect, giving certain races a unique weapon could be cool, also add some special effects to that weapon ect. Maybe some races get a capture ship addon to their ships so they launch pods which steal enemy ships? just change the beam animation to little pods or something?

3. Combat video the same everytime! This is so lazy tbh, they could atleast allow for hyperjump in to just drive in to call in back up ect and so on?

4. Space stations? I mean it has everything else it really should allow this? I think once again they wont use this as they will need to make another battle clip to show the station?

5. On the phase lanes or jump lanes if you get me? they should allow things to spawn in the middle such as floating tech or an asteroid that you can mine at and build a mineing station?

6. Planets get boring after a while, when you unlock certain techs say, a mineing/drill tech? you should get the option to drill a planet and search for things such as lost tech or maybe a special spaceship under the ice? Its just some things that can add to the game, i mean driving to planets sometimes gives a random spaceship so why not add it here with a tech? Will be really easy to implement imo.

7. Ships? The 5 you get ? They all seem kinda pointless imo, the first and mid ship is nearly always the best late game, the big ship needs to get unique weapons only it can use such as an aoe cannon or something? Or a fighter squadron? Reapir station built on it? Then when in battle it gets a seperate card to play such as fire the cannon or launch squadron or repair nearby ships? Maybe too much to ask for? But would be cool.

8. Cargo ships! I mean sometimes im sittin on 300+ food on 1 system which id like to shift to another, a cargo ship would allow this and then the food will wear off in time once its used ect? This would help with new planets and so on. Maybe even add equipment such as MASSIVE DRILL or SCIENCE LABS which increases industry/research by 40% on that system that you can move to other systems via the cargo ship? Also this could be used to migrate populations? I hate having a capped system when i have a low pop system right nearby?

9. Random heroes is pretty bad imo, it can really effect the game, at the start you should get atleast 1 customisable hero. Having 3 fleet heroes at the start really makes you quit and reload as the bonuses are just too big early game.

10. Early game on systems with planets you cant settle on yet you should get an option to send scout parties in and search for things? They will give small boosts to that system, also add these to planets you can settle on too, kinda like the moon survey but a planet survey?

11. Some super buildings? I know theres random wonders around the galaxy, but they should add some super buildings like things that will had 50% industry or research? Ofc these will take a long time to build ect but could be nice.

12. Trading with the AI can sometimes be really stupid, one time i will offer them loads for certain things and they will refuse, but a few turns later they offer the stuff i want for cheaper? lol :\

13. Heros? Apart from the few crappy cards they offer, heroes only add passives, its kinda dumb, and OP at the same time, i can get a hero with like 90% damage increase so my guns go from 900 to 1700 on every ship, this just rapes the enemy when you use beam weapons, they cant do anything really, specially if you use flak along with said beam weapons. Add more things for heroes? Even add once every 10 turns the hero will find something on that planet or increase flee damage for 5 turns ect? Not just get to level 20 and rape every one lol.

Anyways theres a few off the top of my head.

The game just seems to start really slow then steam roll to a stop! I mean once i get a few planets and even if im behind once i get beam up and stack it on my ships its gg. You can even sit in your galaxy for 100 turns then move out and win. Maybe im just getting too good at the game or the ai is poop? Seems food and happines spam then research spam = speedy game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 6:18:51 AM
You can't say that. I can counter your point by saying that Galactic Civilizations is a Masters of Orion 2 wannabe. How do you recommend to design tanks and men? :P You get your race, put them in armor with a weapon, that's your men XD

2.yea I agree with this, but there are other threads that have this same topic lol. 3. It's common. 4. Already suggested 5. floating tech? and there are asteroid fields... 6. That's basically anomalies smiley: biggrin 7. Fighters are already coming in the expansion :P read the EXP threads smiley: smile 8. Cargo ships are for cargo, not for population like transport ships smiley: stickouttongue. and as long as it's an outpost, you can just create a colony ship and "colonize" your low pop outposts. 9. Actually people say that admin heroes are the huge bonus. 10. Stop with the galciv copies lol. 11. stop it! 12. it was worse in galciv tbh. 13. Go for admin heroes, make your planets into giant industry powerhouses.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 9:47:24 AM
Weehamish wrote:

The game just seems to start really slow then steam roll to a stop! I mean once i get a few planets and even if im behind once i get beam up and stack it on my ships its gg. You can even sit in your galaxy for 100 turns then move out and win. Maybe im just getting too good at the game or the ai is poop? Seems food and happines spam then research spam = speedy game.

Try on a much harder difficulty, then, when you have beaten Endless, try with a -195 custom faction.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 1:01:54 PM
1. Me too.

2. Some races do have special weapons, i have no problem with the tech tree as i do also have no problem with the CIV V tech tree which has only 2 faction specific techs or units. However it works well.

3. Im guessing it will become more interesting with the combat update; until then... PEW PEW PEW.

4. There are there as a planet effect with high pop, but they have no interaction just yet, pretty sure this is on Amplitudes list.

5. THIS, is a great idea, all it would have to be is a very small system circle in the lane with no sun; once again, pretty sure cool minor systems are on Amplitudes list as well. I hope its high on it.

6. More interaction with planets is nice, adds life.

7. *Combat update*.

8. This is good, but all i want is manual control over trade routes and to have an interface for it like an overhead simplified galaxy map and plot routes. And also to set up special trade routes like sending X amount of food to systems or sending materials to them for boosts.

9. Im all for a customizable hero to start off with. Heroes are actually needing nerfed by the way.

10. I would prefer an auto event a bit like the exploration events on every system telling me the systems notable features, planets in system and size of planets since that's all the scouting party can do; exploiting the system and taking it as a colony leads you to moon tech and other stuff, it would be nice that you could *discover* an anomaly on a planet by colonizing and waiting a few turns for *discoveries*, suggesting that your colonists settle down and explore and test the planet finding something that could not be discovered on a bare level by the scouting team. All other resources can be found like strategic and luxury.

11. Like building your own wonders? I'm all for more ways to build tall but this would have to be done right or it will look like a direct copypasta from other games.

12. Diplomacy, will, be, improved, its, on, Amplitudes, list... list, is, easy, to, find, on, forum.

13. Heroes will be nerfed in some ways, especially combat heroes. But most of this will be achieved with the combat update because space combat will function differently.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 1:45:44 PM
Weehamish wrote:
This game is like an enhanced Galactic Civilizations, and so they should just use half the stuff in that game and rename it, they have basically used everything else so its not stealing or anything.

So i have listed a few things id like in the game smiley: smile

1. I would like a ground force implemented, it gives more options to like design tanks or men ect, its all auto combat but i guess this is a big ask?

Its nice for the first 3 times, then it starts to drag. I don't even play my space battles anymore.

A visualization would be nice, but I like the way the game currently plays out the battle (It's about space superiority, as opposed to air superiority in today's world)

2. Research tree tweaked? Seems a bit boring after the first few games the tree only has minor differences for each race, i mean theres no unique weapon for each faction ect, giving certain races a unique weapon could be cool, also add some special effects to that weapon ect. Maybe some races get a capture ship addon to their ships so they launch pods which steal enemy ships? just change the beam animation to little pods or something?

Well the races do have unique technology's but the problem with that is tech trading, you can't trade unique tech without balance problems. Not to mention that considering how we all steal each others tech, unique tech in reality is extremely rare.

I don't happen too often that the other gut can't just steal your tech.

3. Combat video the same everytime! This is so lazy tbh, they could atleast allow for hyperjump in to just drive in to call in back up ect and so on?

Well game play before visualization bother.

Of course engaging from different angles and environments would be fantastic.

4. Space stations? I mean it has everything else it really should allow this? I think once again they wont use this as they will need to make another battle clip to show the station?

High population systems have space stations around planets, but overall a combat space station is really just a space ship with crappy engines.

5. On the phase lanes or jump lanes if you get me? they should allow things to spawn in the middle such as floating tech or an asteroid that you can mine at and build a mineing station?

Well mining in FTL is challenging to say the least, of course more non-system destinations would be awesome.

6. Planets get boring after a while, when you unlock certain techs say, a mineing/drill tech? you should get the option to drill a planet and search for things such as lost tech or maybe a special spaceship under the ice? Its just some things that can add to the game, i mean driving to planets sometimes gives a random spaceship so why not add it here with a tech? Will be really easy to implement imo.

I kinda agree, things like expeditions into endless temples and created reality's rewarding lucky explorers, and punishing the greedy would be nice.

7. Ships? The 5 you get ? They all seem kinda pointless imo, the first and mid ship is nearly always the best late game, the big ship needs to get unique weapons only it can use such as an aoe cannon or something? Or a fighter squadron? Reapir station built on it? Then when in battle it gets a seperate card to play such as fire the cannon or launch squadron or repair nearby ships? Maybe too much to ask for? But would be cool.

You are kinda getting this in the expansion with the ship specific mod and such, but otherwise it is up to the players to decide what ship types are good or not.

Corvettes with their cheaper engines make great early invasion ships, and are extremely annoying to divert to catch.

8. Cargo ships! I mean sometimes im sittin on 300+ food on 1 system which id like to shift to another, a cargo ship would allow this and then the food will wear off in time once its used ect? This would help with new planets and so on. Maybe even add equipment such as MASSIVE DRILL or SCIENCE LABS which increases industry/research by 40% on that system that you can move to other systems via the cargo ship? Also this could be used to migrate populations? I hate having a capped system when i have a low pop system right nearby?

Well why not build colony ships to move the population?

And otherwise things like moving excess food to new systems had a snowballing effect for larger empires that essentially make them unassailable.

9. Random heroes is pretty bad imo, it can really effect the game, at the start you should get atleast 1 customisable hero. Having 3 fleet heroes at the start really makes you quit and reload as the bonuses are just too big early game.

I disagree, an early fleet hero is great in a rush attack on the unsuspecting admin hero player, the Hissho excel in this.

If you can't build extra FIDS with a hero, take the other guys.

10. Early game on systems with planets you cant settle on yet you should get an option to send scout parties in and search for things? They will give small boosts to that system, also add these to planets you can settle on too, kinda like the moon survey but a planet survey?

Well sending expeditions to planets really is just a colonising mission.

11. Some super buildings? I know theres random wonders around the galaxy, but they should add some super buildings like things that will had 50% industry or research? Ofc these will take a long time to build ect but could be nice.

Well there is that improvement that turns 100% of excess food into industry.

12. Trading with the AI can sometimes be really stupid, one time i will offer them loads for certain things and they will refuse, but a few turns later they offer the stuff i want for cheaper? lol :[/QUOTE]

Sounds like diplomacy alright.

13. Heros? Apart from the few crappy cards they offer, heroes only add passives, its kinda dumb, and OP at the same time, i can get a hero with like 90% damage increase so my guns go from 900 to 1700 on every ship, this just rapes the enemy when you use beam weapons, they cant do anything really, specially if you use flak along with said beam weapons. Add more things for heroes? Even add once every 10 turns the hero will find something on that planet or increase flee damage for 5 turns ect? Not just get to level 20 and rape every one lol.

AGREE We need more ability's for them, a better menu for these ability's, and less passive craziness.

Anyways theres a few off the top of my head.

Sometimes you are correct, but it will take time to fine tune the AI.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 11:08:43 PM
1) we don't invade planets in this game, we only invade systems so ground combat is just silly. (no offense, but people keep forgetting what is invaded in this game - there is no shared ownership of systems)

2) all research tree based games are dead boring. It becomes a one path to victory and never deviates as whole. Sure there may be minor variations but the main picks are frozen. Other than tossing it out its hard to do much with no espionage in the game, let alone a complete lack of real diplomacy

3) well I auto combat it all now that we can select cards

4) battlestations would have to count against the CP of a fleet or add some non combat bonus else it might be near impossible to take down a full CP fleet and high test battle stations. (perhaps free repair between fights?)

5) lulz wut?

6) uh no

7) you haven't played enough

8) would be nice to have a true inter empire economy, apparently I can trade with everyone but myself.

9) I think we should be guaranteed one admin, corp, and fleet. Accepting negative points -2 for race build for no admin at start or -1 for no corp at start. In either case accepting the negative means no dupes of the better

10) nah

11) there are already far too many +bazillion bonus items in game, we certainly don't need more.

12) trade/diplomacy just suck in this game. Get used to it.

13) heroes like resource monopolies are game breaking and in the end become the point of the game. They do have some really amazing cards if you know what your doing. I mean, one certain card and glass canon missile ships rule everything.

Please note, I am not being a dick. Its just that we have hashed a lot of these items out over and over here and very little changes. There are some seriously big gaping holes in this game but it still plays nice. Its the best we have for TBS at the time so many of us make do.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 6, 2013, 5:33:16 PM
Thanks for the replies that made sense, Shivetya you make no sense and explain nothing "nah" and "lulz wut" smiley: neutral Just shows what kinda person you are.

Most things ive said will make the game better, some not really needed but would add to the overall game.

Trade in this game is still really not worth it imo, even with 8/8 galaxy i get around 1500 dust with all my systems maxed trade bonuses, just not worth it, especially since if you go to war it nearly all drops off.

I understand the space station could make the game really hard but im sure it could be balanced in someway, if not for combat add it for other things such industry, some systems are just useless and adding one could help, again not game changing but i just like little things to build smiley: smile

Saying the tech tree is boring and stuff is silly it doesnt have to be boring, some techs are really worth while and i look forward to getting them in game. More unique and interesting techs should be added, nothing overpowered just cool stuff.

Anyways we will see what these changes bring then talk more, some people just moan while others want to add to the game, i like how we can have any input at all its a relaly nice dev smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment