Ship Design Tool

I like the idea and I would use it
I like the idea although not use it but use others designs
I do not like the idea
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 7:22:35 AM
This may not be somewhat possible or may be placed in the 'too hard basket' but I think it would be nice to be able to make ship designs in game in similar manners to what one can do in the game 'Spore'. It would add a new customization for the player to make his race unique and I bet there would be some fantastic designs that come from this. Not to mention then to be able to share designs so the community has something more to offer each other.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 7:50:02 AM
Similar more to Galciv or star drive? Spore is a bit insane, but does spore have several ship classes?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 7:57:50 AM
Spore does not really have ship classes but I figured the general concept could be the same kind of thing. So in this case choose a ship class which pretty much means ship size for the tool, then have an easy means of creating it so you don't have to be a computer graphic designer to be good at it so much. Something simple and yet can make it very detailed if you want to put the time into it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 8:40:29 AM
At first when the came was buyable this was one of its biggest drawbacks for me(god thanks i buyed it despite this) cause since Galciv this is enourmos important for me.

If this would be added one day a dream would come true for me.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 10:37:20 AM
Who wouldn't like to have their ships customized? ^_^

But I'm afraid that this will not happen. The devs would have to invest a huge portion of their time and money into a (it hurts to say this) non-critical feature.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 10:47:30 AM
Maybe second expansion ; D ?

and this feature makes the whole Roleplay part of the game much better.

people would play for hours just to see their designed ships fighting in space after spending maybe hours in the ship editor ; )
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 10:59:54 AM
this would be so cool, particularly if you can edit at least the colours but potentially also more.

btw imagine having your ships wiped out by a fleet of bright pink-coloured dreads haha lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 11:26:46 AM
I'd love this, but I'll settle for a battle flag and an ability to at least "color" my ship the way I want.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 12:52:54 PM
Sovereign wrote:
Maybe second expansion ; D ?

and this feature makes the whole Roleplay part of the game much better.

people would play for hours just to see their designed ships fighting in space after spending maybe hours in the ship editor ; )

That is exactly my point, the playability would simply increase due to that side of it alone. But as pointed out this would require much time and programming to just simply add this to the existing game so probably would not or could not happen. But hey, still worth bringing it up just in case smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment