Here's a suggestion for a new ship design: Stationary Defense Turret.

Since the Devs are adding different options to invade a planet, shouldn't the defending planet also have a couple more options to defend itself? I know that this suggestion has been made before, but couldn't the Stationary Defense Turret (SDT) be a ship class that we can design as we please? Since different ship classes have different attributes (like -20% weapon module, etc.) the SDT could have drastically lowered movement speed (or just be immobile) but more tonnage to be a bigger threat in battle. In fear of the SDT being overpowered, just make it so that SDT's can be boarded by the new "siege" feature and destroyed. Or, just make SDT's attack in the late stage of a phase- akin to how rockets are fired but don't actually hit their target until the end of a phase. That way the SDT will be a good defensive weapon, but other ships will be needed to support them in the case of a huge invasion. Thoughts?

P.S. I'm new to these forums, if I did/suggested something stupid please take it easy smiley: smile