Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Expand diplomancy and improve AI friendliness

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 15, 2013, 6:35:23 AM
Hello,

I have a few suggestions regarding Endless Space from my hours of playing it.

The first would be the annoyance of using diplomancy in a late stage game. I'm always trying to trade with various AI but the way trading works it can make it very difficult. I can't initially see what will factor into the AI agreeing with the trade unless I add technologies or systems into it first. After a certain point in the game this becomes a problem because of the dozens of different technologies and you have to constantly mix and match to find an agreeable trade. Even worse, while you're changing around the technologies, the order will constantly change as well and I keep losing track of which technologies are of less importance that I wouldn't mind trading forcing me to start again.

It feels like the diplomancy screen could be much simplier and easier to use, such as a numerical slider from -100 to +100 and each technology or system will have its value next to it before selecting it. An example would be trading a decent system with good planets will add 30 points to the agreement slider. Or Soil Revivication will add +50 ect. This would make it much easier for quick trades and enable players to manage diplomancy with any AI in the game. Hopefully you'll at least agree it could be better and make some changes to it whether it's my suggestion or not.

Secondly, I played a game where on the same turn that I allied with an AI he was about to be killed off by pirates. Seeing as I just allied with him I went to the effort to save him and even helped him reclaim the systems that he lost from said pirates. But he still broke off the alliance when the timer expired and went to war with me (I had had no major conflict with him beforehand to justify this) and it just struck me how annoying that is. Is there any way to allow the AI to recognise situations like this and have it actually benefit your relationship with them?

Thank you, MacPotty.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 17, 2013, 5:24:56 PM
About technology trading, the trade value goes along with certain tech's research cost. You can see those in the tooltips, even before setting it on the offer table. But even knowing that, they are not even sorted by cost, so sure some changes could be in place.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment