Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Steam Cloud store custom factions

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jun 10, 2013, 9:39:14 AM
The other day I had to reinstall the game because of having to install my operating system again. Now I noticed that the custom factions I made in the past are not present in my faction list.

It's been a while since I've played the game though, so if custom factions already get saved to the Steam Cloud nowadays just like save games, sorry for the trouble and disregard/delete this post please.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 10, 2013, 11:03:58 AM
grimmeld wrote:
The other day I had to reinstall the game because of having to install my operating system again. Now I noticed that the custom factions I made in the past are not present in my faction list.

It's been a while since I've played the game though, so if custom factions already get saved to the Steam Cloud nowadays just like save games, sorry for the trouble and disregard/delete this post please.

Custom factions aren't saved on the Steam cloud I believe. As for them disappearing, it might be due to the fact that traits cost changed: when a custom faction isn't legit for online play, they're simply removed (to avoid cheating in MP). However, note that we plan on changing that in the expansion pack: your custom factions will be greyed out so you can edit them.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 10, 2013, 11:21:01 AM
Thanks for the reply and information. I was also wondering if it's possible to share custom factions with someone in-game, though I suppose that's a different topic altogether.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 10, 2013, 12:35:38 PM
grimmeld wrote:
Thanks for the reply and information. I was also wondering if it's possible to share custom factions with someone in-game, though I suppose that's a different topic altogether.

Well, you can make a mod: edit your faction.xml and add the custom faction attributes to this file; it'll make your custom faction appear as a standard faction (playable by anyone playing the mod and the AI as well).
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment