Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Request: Redo the MP values

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jun 27, 2013, 5:34:23 AM
In my first game upon a battle with a large craver fleet using beams of smiley: stickouttongueower: values of 400 per ship, my destroyers of 60 shield smiley: stickouttongueower: were barely scratched during the whole battle, so I feel it might be a problem with the smiley: stickouttongueower: values not representing the true strength of the modules a player has equipped on their ships.

Do people agree/disagree?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 27, 2013, 5:44:19 AM
totaly agree thats absolutely confusing also the fact that it seems that the different ranges of the weapons are totaly different to each other in terms of smiley: stickouttongueower:
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 27, 2013, 3:02:56 PM
I would love if weapon and defense mps were reflective somehow of the fleet you were fighting. If i have all lasers vs a deflector heavy fleet my weapon mp should be lowered.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 27, 2013, 3:23:05 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
In my first game upon a battle with a large craver fleet using beams of smiley: stickouttongueower: values of 400 per ship, my destroyers of 60 shield smiley: stickouttongueower: were barely scratched during the whole battle, so I feel it might be a problem with the smiley: stickouttongueower: values not representing the true strength of the modules a player has equipped on their ships.

Do people agree/disagree?

Actually, mostly Ail was complaining of this very early on.

The suggestion of Ail and me was to have more information for the players, showing the expected damage on average per weapon type and the average damage reduction percentage per weapon type for each ship, which would tell you a lot more than any kind of arbitrary scoring value.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 28, 2013, 9:50:50 AM
Nosferatiel wrote:
The suggestion of Ail and me was to have more information for the players, showing the expected damage on average per weapon type and the average damage reduction percentage per weapon type for each ship, which would tell you a lot more than any kind of arbitrary scoring value.

I kinda like Nosferatiel's suggestion because you don't have to guesstimate yourself, but I think the MP should be an accurate representation for defenses effect on the battle. I think newer (and many long time players) are still trying to get used to the new values and their comparative effect on battles.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment