Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Teams - Game Setup

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 19, 2012, 10:56:52 PM
The only thing ES really needs before content, mechanics, etc. Teams! With auto battle with cards there are alot of friends I know who will come back to play multiplayer, but I know they would all like teams!!

1) Allows a perfect format to cooperatively teach the game to a friend, the ability to see what another person sees and give instruction is incredibly valuable. All while having a viable teammed up AI opponent.

2) Comp stomps, alot of gaming groups like to play comp stomps until the game iq of the group gets to the point where everyone feels comfortable stabbing each other in the back. And doing so by planning alliances and not having a teammed A.I. provides almost 0 challenge, you need to be able to team up the A.I.

3) Probably the best way to increase difficulty, stacking all the modifiers and difficulty settings to the max still a cakewalk? Try pitting yourself versus 2 or more a.i. on a fixed alliance team.

4) Not that hard to implement, just use the alliance a.i. thats already present with a value set so that it can't be broken.

We need Teams in Game Setup!!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 19, 2012, 11:24:38 PM
Yes, yes it would be fun and im pretty sure Amplitude had it in mind already. Teams will be awesome, especially if you are allowed special set-ups like sitting with each other on the same arm of a spiral etc. But more galaxy shapes can only make this more fun.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 20, 2012, 12:03:23 AM
Indeed I would love to see this implemented. I always like having a bunch of weaker ai and me vs a very strong ai in RTSs, a la mass effect.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 20, 2012, 12:44:42 AM
Wasn't there a similar thread in game design proposal subforum? Or am I just mixing game forums? xD

Regardless, there isn't anything to say but a "yes, please". I'd love to play a human vs/with human vs 6 united AIs game on Endless. Maybe I'd finally start cooperating with my friends rather then just fight them constantly ^^
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 20, 2012, 4:24:37 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! This is definitely a good way to improve the replayability of this game!

I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before, btw.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 1:07:32 AM
This needed a shameless necro bump. Keep coming back to see if there are teams yet with new patches would like to not be a sad panda every time.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 11:30:26 AM
Now this is what I call waking up a sleeping beast. They might add teams in expansion since it is oriented around military (by the sound of it)
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment