Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

a more thrilling invasion

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 18, 2013, 10:01:27 PM
in single-player, currently invasion looks like that:

• 10.000 ships surrounding a star system and after 10 turns it's yours, just click ten times "end-of-turn"

What I want instead is like that:

• a star system has a own defense, like powerful star bases, ground artillery (lasers) and ground-2-spaceships rockets, space fighter and so on. You have to defeat them first before you can start invasion. They may be supported by regular fleets.
  • invasion is with landing troops, space marines, tanks. The planet itself has it's own army and defence buildings. Similar to space fight, you try your luck in throwing some action cards, representing fighting strategies.
  • the invasion-fight may give a winner immediately in this turn, but may be drawn if forces are equal. a other option is, they may get land gains/losses each turn, however it should be limited to a max of 4-5 turns, most invasions should last 1-3 turns!
  • I want invasion battle sound

EDIT: Well, meanwhile I moved on in my game session and got ground troops. that enable's me to get a system in 1 turn. (I have always gotten 100% success so far), but for the cost of loosing population and most if not all buildings.

Although the invasion is quicker, I still would like to see it more like a battle.Pushing invasion by gtroop-button ant immediately get the system is not thrilling at all.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 20, 2013, 12:18:53 AM
Hahaha, 10000 ships.

Thumbs up to the suggestion, especially battle sound. Gives it more flavor.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 20, 2013, 12:08:24 PM
Antera wrote:
Hahaha, 10000 ships.

Thumbs up to the suggestion, especially battle sound. Gives it more flavor.

ok, you got me. In truth its about 80 ships or so. But it feels like 10000 (at least). Thanks for the thumb.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 20, 2013, 11:47:53 PM
This would be pretty awesome if Amplitude implemented this. The siege lore is already in place- half the defense improvements for planets are already anti-spacecraft weaponry. Ground-to-space kinetic artillery, massive ballistic missiles, stealth bunker system, mobile gauss platforms(I know this one is a ship improvement but it sounds like a ground defense system!)- technically this is all in play as our little 10 turn ticker goes down- we just don't get to see it.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment