Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Improving AI Fleet Management

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 25, 2013, 9:42:30 PM
In my playtesting, the AI is creating 40+ fleets of 1-3CP when max CP is 10.

In addition, the AI is creating way too many invasion ships while ignoring the FleetWeight settings in the xml files.

Something is broken and it is crippling the AI.

Here is my suggestion for improving fleet management in Endless Space:

All newly produced warships goto the home system.

The first warship to arrive at the home system initiates a blockade signifying it is the home fleet.

Subsequent warships join the home fleet if there is room.

When the home fleet is full, start a second fleet.

Subsequent warships join the second fleet.

When the second fleet is full, send the home fleet out.

The second fleet then initiates blockade signifying it is the new, upgraded, home fleet.

This way, the home system is always defended by the best possible fleet.

In addition, only full fleets are used to project power.

All the current logic in the game which controls ship movements can apply to full fleets.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 9:07:28 AM
Well just put in that "fleet rally" point system that was advertised prior to Disharmony release. I d like to build massive and lots of fleets but managing them is a living horror for me forcing me to stay with small but advanced and specialized fleets I can manage more comfortable.

Such a sytem would need restrictions in order to prevent abuse else distance wouldnt mean a thing anymore when you can form fleets at the doorstep of the enemy. Maybe instead of "spawning" them at the rally point just let the computer take over taking newly produced ships out of the yard, send it across space and mothball em at the destination. That way the player can still control fleet formings and you would be forced to consider rally points along "safe" routes in order to prevent interception of single fleet fragments.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment