Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Researching is a nightmare for me; here's why

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 26, 2013, 2:53:16 AM
Being color blind*, I cannot tell the orange and green icons on the Tech screen. The gray, blue, and "orange/green" are easily distinguishable. But the only way I can tell if I'm researching anything beyond the first item in the queue is to zoom in and look for the little number.

I am therefore asking that the green be changed to yellow or the orange to red. Alternatively, if the queue number was displayed at all three zoom levels, that would also solve the problem.

Incidentally, about 10 percent of males have color blindness to some degree, usually red-green.

*I can see color, but certain shades of certain colors look the same. For example, a bright green and yellow are probably the worst to tell apart.

Such a simple change would make a huge difference for a fair number of players.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 26, 2013, 11:26:21 AM
In some games there is a color blind/ redgreen blindless option. it changes the colorscheme to easier visible colors. I think this wouldnt be too hard to implement!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 26, 2013, 10:32:03 PM
In the bottom left of the Research window there is a tab stating "Research output", "Current Research" and "Queued Research": you could use this last panel to solve your issue. It is not like having a color blind setting, but it is already in the game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 27, 2013, 1:55:31 PM
I'm not color-blind but I use the color-blind-option for League of Legends ever since I discovered it.

Teal and Violet-Health-Bars simply look much better anyways.

Designing something right of the bat with that in mind would probably not hurt anyone. It's not like non-color-blinds have any problem whatsoever if the colors are a little different.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 27, 2013, 4:14:00 PM
Lurtz wrote:
In the bottom left of the Research window there is a tab stating "Research output", "Current Research" and "Queued Research": you could use this last panel to solve your issue. It is not like having a color blind setting, but it is already in the game.

Thank you!

I hope they fix the colors, too, but this helps a lot. I never noticed that little window before!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment