Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game Design_Neutral Planets

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 24, 2013, 8:45:18 AM
Hi,

I don't know if this has been already considered / discussed, but the whole map seems to be designed as a land-grab between empires with the only hindrances besides direct confrontation being the capacity to build colony ships fast enough and managing the unhappiness within each empire.

Would there be a possibility to design "neutral" / non-major civilizations that would force, beyond pirates, players to lay siege to planets and or fight mini-wars with light space defence forces of these non-major empires? This could spice things up a bit when discovering systems as well as slowing down some speedy expansions if a few well-placed systems can defend themselves.

Maybe an alternative could be to have pirates-held systems, provided the game can support such a thing?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 25, 2013, 12:10:17 AM
I like it, it would definitely change the tempo a bit having a few systems with defenses and infrastructure. It would be a great feature in the options list. An ability to turn it on or off, much like pirates.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 29, 2013, 9:12:58 AM
Greyborea wrote:
Maybe an alternative could be to have pirates-held systems, provided the game can support such a thing?

Well in fact Pirate can held a system because they can invade a system owned by a faction.

But so far they cannot take a neutral system. But it is quite an interesting idea smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 29, 2013, 10:05:51 AM
They can hold it, yup, but I am not sure if they develop it or not.

From earlier games, I would say they do not develop the systems or use the output, which is a pity. Would make for great fun if they could begin to be really more than a nuisance. smiley: smile

Pikou wrote:
Well in fact Pirate can held a system because they can invade a system owned by a faction.

But so far they cannot take a neutral system. But it is quite an interesting idea smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 29, 2013, 10:09:01 AM
Pikou wrote:

Thanks for the response. As the others posters also mention, if the Pirates could exploit and effectively rule some systems that would be awesome smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment