Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Galaxy Map Fleet Holo's Change

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 9:39:02 PM
Was thinking that it would be a cool idea to have fleets in the Galaxy Map change their holographic icon based on what ships are in the fleet. Either the majority of the ships in the fleet would display their ship blueprint, or maybe the ship model with the highest Military Power in the fleet. It would be a nice aesthetic touch to see Scout fleets flying around, while you have for instance a Destroyer fleet flying off to a battle (Empire ftw smiley: wink) Just a simple (i believe) but nice touch that would make the galaxy seem a little more alive in my opinion.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 10:03:52 PM
I like this idea. From a practical standpoint, it would be great to know what sort of fleet you are looking at without clicking on it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 16, 2012, 4:16:11 PM
This thread is the origin of discussions about visibility of fleet-composition in the galaxy screen.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13749-suggestion-show-fleet-setup-1-1-in-galaxy-screen-not-as-an-icon

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13927-unique-images-for-each-ship-class

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 18, 2012, 6:02:30 AM
I just noticed that if you hover your cursor over an enemy ship, it animates to two separate ships after a little while to show you how many fleets there are... I just don't get this! Wouldn't it be much easier to just always show them side by side? Why would you want to hide all this information?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 18, 2012, 9:45:45 AM
eobet wrote:
I just noticed that if you hover your cursor over an enemy ship, it animates to two separate ships after a little while to show you how many fleets there are... I just don't get this! Wouldn't it be much easier to just always show them side by side? Why would you want to hide all this information?

Because if they'd drive side by side all the time, it could be misinterpreted as both of them using the warp drive, instead of the lane drive. I think that would be very confusing. smiley: confused
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 6, 2012, 7:43:58 PM
Is there any news that the devs are thinking about implementing this? It seems like a slam dunk to me..
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 6, 2013, 12:49:33 AM
Its obvious plenty of people agree that the generic ship holo being used for all ships and fleets in the galaxy view is not optimal. That being said, there doesn't seem to be a clear front-runner for the solution of this problem. Do you show the holo of the ship with the most HP? I'd say no, cause that would most likely always be your Dreadnought. Do you show the holo of the ship that has the most ships or cp's in the fleet? Possibly...though if your fleet was split about half and half and you actually preferred to have it show the holo of a ship that was slightly in the minority then you may be tempted to alter the make-up of your fleet for the sole purpose of changing the holo. I think we should have a choice as to what holo to show for each individual fleet, and if we choose not to decide then have it use a majority or cp rule to determine the holo (this could be how the AI would show their fleets in the galaxy view). On top of the holo, as suggested by others in the forum, perhaps showing a simple little HUD for the fleet, which includes the fleet's name, tiny health bar and a tiny hero portrait if applicable. If being able to show a HUD is problematic with galaxy view (in that it could clutter the screen even more than it tends to already be sometimes), just have the HUD show when zoomed in on some of the closer views.

Good Hunting,

Jugga
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 12, 2013, 6:10:51 PM
Who's Halo? Mine or my enemies?

Other than my leaders who get ship class diversity bonuses,I don't really care what ships are in the fleet, just what the fleet can do.

Siege power and fight power (No matter what they say... It is the size of the gun that counts)... In this case probably three guns + siege + health.

Health: 0-100 is easy. 0-100 is not so easy for the other classes.

100 should be relative to the strongest fleet siege.

same for military might.

then the gun mix probably adds to 100%.

The Range mix probably adds to 100 as well

Sooooo...

five bars... two of which are 100% pie chart bars. Fly these bars around space instead of the stock ship image and we're all set.

Maybe I should let the the graphic artists work out the immersion details... smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment