Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Suggestions for the next patch

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 25, 2013, 7:01:53 AM
Hello,

This is a great game and at presents it keeping all comers off my PC so I would just like to say a huge thank you to the devs for making and supporting it so well.

The object for this thread is for players to suggest improvements that could be incorporated into the next patch but fully accept these may not be possible or necessarily desirable by the devs (it would be good to know which for future suggestions).

My suggestions are as follows:

Acculturation mechanic that allows you to carry out a peaceful invasion of other players systems that are completely surrounded by your influence, similar to the current invasion system but maybe taking longer and costing dust to simulate giving the colonists preferential trade and support treaties.

A go to system button on the build and event window that takes you to the system on the main map and not the system screen.

Ability in game to add your own custom portraits without having to mod.

Able to select custom factions as opponents.

An easier way to select faction colour for AI opponents without having to do the swapping thing with your own faction.

Neutral/pirate colonies that can to be acculturated/conquered.

If any of these functions already exist in game please can you let me know as it will make playing even better?

Cheers,

Laz3456
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 26, 2013, 12:38:30 PM
I think that most of the ideas you had would have to come in a major expansion because they significantly add to the game mechanics. I like your ideas by the way.

I myself would add a much deeper diplomacy aspect to the game. Proper trade. A rework of the culture mechanic, proper ground combat and system invasions.

Just a couple of ideas.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 27, 2013, 8:16:53 AM
Thanks Nasarog,

Good point, maybe it would be more likely to be added as part of DLC rather than tweaking what is already there.

With regards to your idea about better diplomacy and trade, if it were possible I thought that if there was a negotiate button on the diplomacy menu so you could barter for a better deal or buy off a war would be good but this is more new mechanics again that would suit an expansion rather than a patch.

I think I may change the title of this thread to 'Suggestions for next patch/expansion'.

Cheers,

Laz3456
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 27, 2013, 10:29:30 AM
Nasarog wrote:
I myself would add a much deeper diplomacy aspect to the game. Proper trade. A rework of the culture mechanic, proper ground combat and system invasions.

I thought about the culture mechanic part before.

And it always fascinates me that some star systems have been owned by many different factions because of wars.

And they leave a lot of legacy behind, you can figure out who have ruled this star system from those unique improvements the former rulers leave.

It's quite realistic and we know that is called "hybrid culture" on Earth, and it happens everywhere.

And that makes people feel like that the galaxy has its own history.

But I wonder if it is too difficult for the devs to make a system that "the nationalities of population" have real influence in a star system.

A Sower star system has been conquered by the Hissho, and the Pilgrims have recently got it, now who are in the star system?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 27, 2013, 5:22:25 PM
#1 on Wishlist: No faction repeats in random faction determination

#2 on Wishlist: More easily moddablee colonial bases.

#3 on wishlist: GUI for modding to automate content additions ("add new effect" command "add new planet" command etc)

In that order.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 27, 2013, 6:40:33 PM
These are the features I'd be willing to pay for:

1. Breathe some life into the game with a storyline, cut-scenes, and voice acted characters that have personality.

2. Flesh out the star systems, colonies, and their improvements and integrate them with combat. For example, fighters lifting off from a planet and attacking during a fleet battle, orbital defense platforms firing, and land invasions implemented the same way fleet engagements are, etc.

3. More tactical fleet engagements with more options for giving orders before combat as well as pausing in-between phases to select new orders. Ex. All long range missiles concentrate fire on their cruisers. Destroyers engage their corvettes man-to-man. Corvettes, defend the battleship. Ships with less than 33% health, retreat.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 27, 2013, 9:21:44 PM
1. Fixed home systems (helps with lore also)

2. Better diplomacy with more options and if animated screens the better

3. More battle options like manual targeting and options to choose my distance from enemy if i can do that in groups the better (btw not all battles need to end with draw, stay and fight till the bitter end or retreat)

4. Proper ground combat

5. Generally more screens that add to depth and lore of the game
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 27, 2013, 9:45:20 PM
1. Better documentation

2. Better modding documentation

3. Espionage

4. Government
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 30, 2013, 10:21:13 PM
1. Help the Harmony.

2. Removal of the minimum time for capturing a province.

3. No repeat of factions when set to random.

4. More use for influence (possibly some of the ideas listed above).

5. Make the UE more like their non-Disharmony selves.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 3, 2013, 10:44:47 PM
I would like to see Random events be applied at a correct time. I keep getting one where on option is to pay 1000 Dust but I get it on turn 10 where I am lucky if I got 500 dust. I cannot remember the event name. I think the other option is to fire your highest level hero or suffer from disapproval for 40 or 20 turns.

DarkMeph
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 3, 2013, 11:53:11 PM
DarkMeph wrote:
I would like to see Random events be applied at a correct time. I keep getting one where on option is to pay 1000 Dust but I get it on turn 10 where I am lucky if I got 500 dust. I cannot remember the event name. I think the other option is to fire your highest level hero or suffer from disapproval for 40 or 20 turns.

DarkMeph

yeah I always thought that was pretty broken. Once I had just bought a crap ton of stuff out and had 20 smiley: dust left and got that event. Since -smiley: dust is impossible, I only lost 20 smiley: dust so.... what was the point again?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 16, 2013, 1:12:25 PM
1. Fix troops module mechanic (some adequate refill mechanic like population consuming "refill troops" button)

2. Possibility to give custom or random names to AI opponents (not AI1, AI2 etc.)

3. Beam weapons animation.. (not flying plasma_something)

4. User selectable default fleet formation / tactics

5. Borderless window with custom resolution support
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 18, 2013, 5:20:34 AM
Laz3456 wrote:
This is a great game and at presents it keeping all comers off my PC so I would just like to say a huge thank you to the devs for making and supporting it so well.

Agreeing so hard I might break the keyboard.

Laz3456 wrote:
Acculturation mechanic that allows you to carry out a peaceful invasion of other players systems that are completely surrounded by your influence, similar to the current invasion system but maybe taking longer and costing dust to simulate giving the colonists preferential trade and support treaties.

I would love this.

Laz3456 wrote:
A go to system button on the build and event window that takes you to the system on the main map and not the system screen.

This is actually THE number one thing I want in the game. In the empire window I see systems under siege but sometimes it takes me a bit to find them on my preferred huge galaxy map.

cgboy2003 wrote:
But I wonder if it is too difficult for the devs to make a system that "the nationalities of population" have real influence in a star system.

A Sower star system has been conquered by the Hissho, and the Pilgrims have recently got it, now who are in the star system?

I would definitely like to see a mechanic that tracks ownership history and then creates events based on subjugated or assimilated alien populations on your planets.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment