Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Custom factions can have the racial appearance of one race, and the ships of another

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 2, 2014, 11:17:58 AM
Just a small cosmetic change, because I personally think there are a couple of factions that look kinda ugly but have really cool ships and vice-versa.

(In case my title wasnt all that clear, what I'm asking for is to be able to play as, say, the cravers piloting the ships of the amoeba or something like that)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 2, 2014, 12:09:42 PM
smiley: approval

yeah i often thought about that too.

Hissho are such beautiful Birds...but their ships...i mean okay their Fighters and bombers are awesome but the rest is just ridicoulus! Samurai Birds flying with imo Egypt like spacecrafts...no way^^
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 2, 2014, 11:39:24 PM
a step up from this maybe would be being able to pick and choose what you want your custom faction's ships would look like out of a list of all the races ships. personally i would love to see a pilgrim dreadnaught with some UE destroyers in a fleet.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 3, 2014, 12:36:34 AM
If I am not mistaken, all the core visuals of a faction are tied together via their Affinity Map. So while I think it would be possible for Amp to do, it might end up being more trouble than its worth. But I'm all for it if feasible smiley: approval

@Sovereign: what's the big deal? Just about every major sailing power carved figure heads and symbols into their ships (Viking Dragon, English Lion, etc.) So I don't see how the Hissho ships are anything less than magnificent^^ that's why I don't see the iconic Egyptian bird when I look at the Hissho ships

0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 3, 2014, 1:31:11 AM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
If I am not mistaken, all the core visuals of a faction are tied together via their Affinity Map. So while I think it would be possible for Amp to do, it might end up being more trouble than its worth. But I'm all for it if feasible smiley: approval

@Sovereign: what's the big deal? Just about every major sailing power carved figure heads and symbols into their ships (Viking Dragon, English Lion, etc.) So I don't see how the Hissho ships are anything less than magnificent^^ that's why I don't see the iconic Egyptian bird when I look at the Hissho ships

well yeah infact its just actually the Cruiser/Battlehip/ and Dreadnought i dont like Corvets and Detroyer are pretty cool^^

Adventurer_Blitz wrote:
a step up from this maybe would be being able to pick and choose what you want your custom faction's ships would look like out of a list of all the races ships. personally i would love to see a pilgrim dreadnaught with some UE destroyers in a fleet.

Would be the most awesome thing but also the most work i guess^^
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 4, 2014, 12:35:42 AM
I just like having the ships that look like a bunch of plate steel welded together and annihilating the pretty, organic, curvy ships.

Maybe I have some issues to work out.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 5, 2014, 3:26:06 AM
Adventurer_Blitz wrote:
i hate horatio too, anyone else?

Their Fighters and Bombers
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 5, 2014, 4:24:07 AM
Adventurer_Blitz wrote:
i hate horatio too, anyone else?

Yep. There is something about them that isn't quite right.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 5, 2014, 5:27:59 AM
To be honest, I would rather fight 3 Cravers on a max-sized map than work with the Horatio in an alliance. I mean, it's nothing personal against Horatio fans, but they're just creepy, whereas fighting a Cyborg-insect Hive Mind (or two) makes much more sense to me than work with a guy who decided to infinitely clone himself across the entire galaxy.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 5, 2014, 5:29:59 AM
By the way, anyone else create a mega-powered custom Harmony faction and unleash it on a max-sized galaxy with 7 cravers on Newbie?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment