Fleet targeting/intercepting/Starsystem Combat

One sentence: Let me choose what fleet to target myself.

If I want to attack the weakest fleet, or the one which merely survived last combat, I want to be able to. Because if I can't, then why am I able to attack the strongest fleet at all?

Especially if it comes to attack invasion fleets: Invasion fleets often have near zero MP. Therefore it's nearly impossible to attack them, without shooting down every other enemy fleet in the system! You can't stop invasions that way!!!

How interception works is stupid. You just tell a fleet to intercept everything and every single fleet in the whole starsystem magically can't leave anymore.

BUT: If I engage in combat and then "escape" I suddenly break through the blockade?

Why can't I try to break through the blockade manually? Of course, if I do so, I would have to fight one of the intercepting fleets (and IN THIS CASE it even makes sense that it's the strongest fleet you'll have to battle).

Here's another idea, which would be highly experimental and I just mention it so it has been mentioned:

Instead of just having your fleets in a starsystem you could have them orbiting specific planets within the system. That way you could choose where your fleets are in the system and where they want to attack (including planetary bombardement/invasion) or defend.