Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Fix the Food Traits

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 18, 2014, 9:09:52 PM
These traits cost more points than their Dust and Science counterparts. My suggestion is to adjust them to be the same costs.

Cloning currently has 3 levels at 5 points, 10 points and 10 points, to cover 4 classes of planets. However, the two lowest classes are lumped into the first level which is also the cheapest level, making it pointless to ever take the higher levels. I have two suggestions for how to adjust this trait's costs.

Cloning suggestion 1

+4 points +1 smiley: food per pop on class 1 planets. Jungle, Terran & Ocean

+4 points +1 smiley: food per pop on class 2 planets. Tundra & Arid

+4 points +1 smiley: food per pop on class 3 planets. Desert & Arctic

+4 points +1 smiley: food per pop on class 4 planets. Barren & Lava

+4 points +1 smiley: food per pop on class 5 planets. Methane, Hydrogen, Helium & Asteroids

Now if you want the extra food on all the planets that have no food, you have to take all the levels of the trait. Plus the total cost of all 5 levels is 20, which is the same as the traits for +1 smiley: science and +1 smiley: dust per pop.

Cloning suggestion 2 For keeping it with 3 levels.

+6 points +1 smiley: food per pop on Production planets. Jungle, Tundra, Lava, Methane.

+7 points +1 smiley: food per pop on Science planets. Ocean, Arctic, Barren, Helium.

+7 points +1 smiley: food per pop on Dust planets. Terran, Arid, Desert, Hydrogen and Asteroids.

Granted asteroids have an equal amount of all 3, but since they're in the column for the Dust planets on the wiki page, I figured they should be in the dust category.

Growth Plan

+10 points +10% smiley: food on system

+10 points +20% smiley: food on system

+10 points +30% smiley: food on system

Now it matches the costs of the traits for +10% to +30% smiley: science and smiley: dust.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 18, 2014, 9:19:29 PM
food is really important in the early game, making it cheaper might make horatio lose their early game edge. in my opinion food on the earliest class planets should stay in level 3 so that you can't just add on a cheap trait on your custom faction to make them better on their starting system. besides +1 food per population is really useful and should stay expensive. these traits are so expensive because factions specialize in them at cost to other aspects of the game. fids is fundamental and fids traits should be considered carefully. but this is just my opinion and i have always hated the horatio so i might be a bit biased.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 19, 2014, 12:08:00 PM
Food isent that important if you are playing a warmongering rush race.

Growthplan costed many patches ago just 30 points but it was considered Overpowered.

But to be honest there were so many additions to the game and new strategical possibiltys that the importants of Growthplan isent that big anymore.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 16, 2014, 10:26:02 PM
Monthar wrote:

Cloning suggestion 1

+4 points +1 smiley: food per pop on class 1 planets. Jungle, Terran & Ocean

+4 points +1 smiley: food per pop on class 2 planets. Tundra & Arid

+4 points +1 smiley: food per pop on class 3 planets. Desert & Arctic

+4 points +1 smiley: food per pop on class 4 planets. Barren & Lava

+4 points +1 smiley: food per pop on class 5 planets. Methane, Hydrogen, Helium & Asteroids

I like this suggestion. If I may tweak it a little.

+5 points +1 smiley: food per pop on Jungle, Terran & Ocean

+5 points +1 smiley: food per pop on Tundra, Arid, Desert & Arctic

+10 points Additional +1 smiley: food per pop on all planets (making this effectively +2 on Jungle, Terran, Ocean, Tundra, Desert, Arctic).

Though honestly I feel cloning is redundant to food traits and should not work this way. It should add a modifier to increase population growth rate on a system regardless of the food supply. Just my opinion. I also feel food should play less of a role in population growth. Rather food production up to 2x the consumption should max out the equation of population growth for a system from food and happiness & tax rate should be the other factors to determine population growth, and then of course you can use cloning traits to further affect that.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment