Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Environmental Starsystems

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 22, 2014, 11:40:34 AM
Hi there,

I had that idea a while ago when playing Civilization and ES in a row and the more I think about it, the more I think it would add well to the game.

The problem with a space 4x game is, that there is no real enironment next to starsystems, naturally. That's what space is. A vast emptyness. There are no mountains or forests or anything similar. But we have planets.

So I think you could rough things up by adding this:

Make the starsystems themselves accessible. Let them be part of the gameboard and let planets be moved to like "fields".

You can add systemwide anomalies which simulate different environments as well as planetary anomalies which affect the space around the planet addionally to surface-only anomalies.

That way fleet movement and strategy would be deepened, instead of only jumping from one system to another. Blockades, invasions and planetary bombardement would affect single planets instead of whole systems at once.

I think it would really add more versatility to the game and the galaxy map.

Hope you like the ideas.

PLiddl
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 22, 2014, 3:53:00 PM
One thing I love about Endless Space is how you deal with systems as a whole. I only have to build an improvement once to help all planets at a system. I can place a fleet at a system to protect all the planets. I like how it makes for a strategic wargame that doesn't get bogged down in tactics.

There are other successful games that take a different approach more similar to what you are suggesting. Galactic Civilizations 2 certainly comes to mind. So, there is nothing wrong with your suggestions. However, I don't think they are "right" for this game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 22, 2014, 5:22:18 PM
Yeah. That actually came to my mind, too. Maybe ES isn't the "right" game for me. I wanted to suggest it either way, though. ^^
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 23, 2014, 2:09:13 AM
PLiddl wrote:
Yeah. That actually came to my mind, too. Maybe ES isn't the "right" game for me. I wanted to suggest it either way, though. ^^

Distant Worlds is another game to consider if you're looking for a more environmental feel to systems. It's a bit pricey though.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 26, 2014, 4:38:13 PM
well there a few anomalies like hostile dust or endless trouble that do effect the system but not in combat. it would be nice if they would offer bonuses in a fight.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 17, 2014, 2:01:21 AM
La forma bodycon sigue siendo una silueta clave para la nueva temporada.Transversal, detallando y estampados geométricos garra dar una cabezada esencial para el estilo de los 90 club infantil, mientras que un vestido del lápiz de forma ajustada toma el aspecto de trabajar.Recoger con estilo ">http://es.dear-lover.com/wholesale-bodycon-dresses/] Vestido ajustado barato de Nan 'un Shiying Sexy Lingerie Co., Ltd. y comenzar el maravilloso viaje de la moda.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment