Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Modest suggestion, RE: retreating fleets

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 23, 2014, 9:13:56 AM
Just had a really, really annoying experience in a single-player game. The AI was trying to blockade one of my frontier worlds; I had fleets to spare, so I moved forward, and started evicting him. However, he had a nearby world ... so close, his ships could make a round trip in a single turn. Well, I'd attack, fleet by fleet. He'd retreat, every time. I'd liftthe blockade ...

... for about three seconds. Then, all those fleets would turn around and come right back, and set up their blockade again. GOOD GRIEF. smiley: cry Each of my fleets was 2x to 3x as powerful as each of theirs, and I had as many fleets present as they did. Nonetheless, the AI fleets would survive the retreat mostly or completely intact. Essentially, despite having twice as much military might int he system, I was essentially powerless to stop them from blockading the system.

The simplest fix for this would be: retreating uses ALL available movement points. No matter how far you do or don't have to move during that retreat, if you reach your destination on the same turn you retreat, you're done, no more movement for you. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 Dust, go directly to 0 Movement.

Please, for the love of space hamsters, please make this happen. smiley: frown
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 23, 2014, 10:41:03 PM
well, if you set up a blockade and defend with one or two fleets while another flushes them out your problem may be solved
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 25, 2014, 8:06:54 AM
No, it wasn't solved. Like I said, the enemy I kept flushing out? Had a system so close, they could make a round-trip and be back in place, blockading all over again, within seconds. I'd've literally had to have more fleets present at that system, as many as twice as many fleets as he had, in order to keep the system un-Blockaded for an entire turn.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 25, 2014, 2:45:12 PM
Once you've research the tech that lets your fleets travel without the strings/wormholes, you can hold ctrl to force a fleet to travel to the system they keep retreating to without that fleet having to go thru the blockaded system. It will take several turns depending on the distance it would have to travel in open space and whether you have engines that boost the open space travel speed (green arrow) installed or not. However, once that fleet arrives at the system they keep retreating to and blockade that system, it will put an end to the retreating fleets returning. That will give your massed fleets in the blockaded system a chance to clear the blockading fleets out.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 17, 2014, 2:09:36 AM
Ofrecer varias de elegante y barato ropa interior atractiva al por mayor y la ropa interior sexy, tales como: muñecas del bebé, sistemas del bikiní, ropa interior de los hombres, ropa interior de cuero, los peluches de la ropa interior, los corsés y bustier, de vestido largo, medias del cuerpo, bragas, más el tamaño de la ropa interior etc.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment