Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Production Traits

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 18, 2014, 8:46:51 PM
We have traits that boost Science, Food and Dust, both +1 per pop and +10% to +30%, but don't have any of these for production.

Both traits should be in the Building section.

Tinkers

20 points +1 smiley: industry per pop on planets

Engineers

10 points +10% smiley: industry on system

20 points +20% smiley: industry on system

30 points +30% smiley: industry on system
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 18, 2014, 8:58:21 PM
doesn't the automaton and empire have affinities that resemble this? besides i doubt these would be practical because you can convert production into food, dust, or science depending on faction. in my opinion it is too flexible and would make the beginning of the game at least, much to the advantage of any faction using these traits.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 18, 2014, 9:19:16 PM
Those Industry to x conversions are at only 33%. So if your plan was to use the added production for conversions, you'd be better off taking the food, science or dust traits.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 18, 2014, 10:12:22 PM
what i mean, the point is that production can be turned into either, your faction doesn't have to specialize in those, it can have a nice bonus on their all science or all dust systems. also, sophons have a tech that converts 50% production into science. just a couple of points
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 19, 2014, 12:04:20 PM
Monthar wrote:
We have traits that boost Science, Food and Dust, both +1 per pop and +10% to +30%, but don't have any of these for production.

Both traits should be in the Building section.

Tinkers

Engineers

I definitely approve Tinkers

smiley: approval

I am missing this trait since along time too

but Engineers

might be a bit overpowered
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 19, 2014, 4:34:43 PM
besides they already have seperate traits to make improvements and ships cost less production. if you could just add 1 production per population why add builders or militarists?
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 17, 2014, 2:23:18 AM
Adventurer_Blitz wrote:
besides they already have seperate traits to make improvements and ships cost less production. if you could just add 1 production per population why add builders or militarists?

That is probably the the reason it wasn't added to begin with, it's far too flexible in what you can do with it. You can:

-Build ships faster

-Build improvements faster

-Generate more dust, from smiley: industry-> to smiley: science

-^ same deal with science

-Makes factions like the horatio (high smiley: stickouttongueopulation:+tinkerers) and factions like the automatons & UE that already get big bonuses to industry insane. The % bonus would go through the roof with UE at higher taxes, and automaton stacking, dear endless. +30% to a faction that can stack industry 5+ over oO'

Monthar wrote:
Those Industry to x conversions are at only 33%. So if your plan was to use the added production for conversions, you'd be better off taking the food, science or dust traits.

It may not be able to do smiley: sciencesmiley: dustsmiley: food as well as their own dedicated traits, but it's far too versatile. Say you're in a survival situation, would you rather have: a Knife, a screwdriver, a can opener, or a swiss army knife? It steps on the toes of too many other traits by being able to do their jobs, taking away their niche.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment