Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

SUGGESTION Space Ship Builder Stuff

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 15, 2014, 4:23:20 AM
Spaceship Builder

The main thing which bothers me here is MISSING INFORMATION!

• Spare me stats like "hull weakness", etc. Don't make me alt-tab to look the stats up and then calculate my information myself. Just give me the damn numbers I need to know. So:
  • Show me how good my defenses are. Meaning: show me how high my avarage chances are to reflect damage, etc.
  • Show me how good my weapons are in EVERY BATTLE PHASE! If I specialize my beams on long range combat, then I still want to see how good or bad they do in medium and melee range! I don't want to guess!
  • Bombers and Fighters should have MP values. They deal damage! A fleet of carriers is shown as near zero MP and therefore can't be targeted! Same with invasion fleets. (I will adress targeting fleets individually later on)
  • More hulls. More diversity would be nice. 5 relevant ship hulls just aren't that many. Where are carriers? Where are troop transports? Where are Planet Bombers?

0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 15, 2014, 5:01:53 AM
Couldnt agree more dude you spoke out of my soul. smiley: approval

The Battle System feels often like a science for itself, and we often enough do math and debat about it like Professors in other Threads.

shoudlnt be the case
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 15, 2014, 5:08:46 PM
Yeah I definitely agree, current ship builder requires you to have not only good understanding of how combat works but also understanding of each module, and even more as you stack more stuff onto you ship the math becomes more and more involved.

Just a little mistake with the numbers and you already waste tonnage points.

PLiddl wrote:
  • Bombers and Fighters should have MP values. They deal damage! A fleet of carriers is shown as near zero MP and therefore can't be targeted! Same with invasion fleets. (I will adress targeting fleets individually later on)

• Bombers, point defense, fighters and troops definitely need MP values smiley: approval
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Jan 17, 2014, 2:11:38 AM
    i think complex ship building is quite fun and interesting if you read the info tabs on each tech like i do. however, i always liked the management aspect of the game and might not have similar opinions to the casual player. but premae ships would take a lot of excitement out of the game i think. but i would support being able to examine your ships and have lots of numbers, glorious numbers, and graphs too.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Jan 19, 2014, 10:39:51 AM
    Hi,

don't get me wrong Blitz. I do read the info tabs, but they just don't deliver enough info that I want them to deliver. It's all too vague.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Feb 17, 2014, 2:06:25 AM
    Dear-Lover vestidos estampados al por mayor incluyendo: Polka Dot Dress impresión, vestido floral de la impresión, Dip Dye Vestido Estampado, Vestido estampado étnico, vestido de estampado animal y vestido estampado de plumas.Todos los mini vestidos impresos son con un diseño elegante y exquisito corte, recepción para navegar y recoger.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Feb 22, 2014, 8:07:14 PM
    I support about hulls! The game need more hulls, more variety! (other cruisers with other bonuses or other battleships...)
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Feb 22, 2014, 11:47:11 PM
    having multiple cruisers with different abilities would seriously damage the balance of races in combat. factions have only one of each ship type to provide bonuses benefiting their playstyle.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Apr 1, 2014, 2:00:27 AM
    I also have a suggestion on this topic, and that involves information accessibility.

Comparing ship designs is really un-intuitive as it requires repetitive mouse-overs and waiting for tool-tips and trying to remember numbers. There should be a straight-up 'compare' button of some kind that lets you see two ship tooltips side-by-side.

BUT that's probably too much development time on a small nitpick.

Welp. Mo' hulls mo' diverse gameplay opportunities!
    0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment