Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

more action planet-side

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Dec 23, 2014, 12:38:22 PM
hi smiley: smile

i'm sure this topic pops out every now and then, but here are my 2 cts smiley: smile

i'd like a space opera game where i could do a bit more planet side, like choosing where to build certain improvements or even ground combat. i was thinking something similar to Endless Legend, each planet's hex grid could be about the size of EL battle arena (maybe some variation for larger planets and smaller planets). construction would be limited to available biomes and anomalies. ground combat would last a fix number of turns, like in EL.

just a thought, and i'm aware this may be hard to implement, but to me space opera is not just about space, it's about alien planets as well smiley: smile

anyway, keep up the good work smiley: smile

cheers!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 7, 2015, 5:35:01 PM
It isn't this is a bad suggestion. However, I'm grateful this isn't part of Endless Space. There are plenty of games that will give you what you ask for. Personally, I can't stand having decide where to build my factory on a planet. It's not fun.

ES fills a niche in the 4X space game for being a game that has enough depth to make it interesting but plays fast enough to play the game in a reasonable amount of time.

For a space opera, look into Distant Worlds Universe (tons of detail). For choosing where to build your upgrades, look at Galactic Civilizations 3. I'm not sure what to suggest for a 4X game that incorporates detailed ground combat; someone else can hopefully make a suggestion. However, for an extremely playable, fun 4X space game, stick with Endless Space. It's my favorite out of all of them.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment