Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Leaderboards/Hall of Fame

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 1:32:34 PM
Just a small suggestion, that I think would be nice.

What about leaderboards/Hall of Fame to show your best victories (or losses), in terms of end game scores (amount of dust collected, ships built, population, etc.)?

It would be a nice addition, I guess later on in development, to chart how well a player plays compared to their own abilities and the abilities of others and friends.

What does anyone else think?

(I admit, not too important, but it does give the single-player game a bit more meaning; for instance, trying to beat your high score)
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 1:59:15 PM
+1 like it // i thought its a good idea to push it because its not on the published devs to-do list :-)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 2:20:58 PM
Yes, especially a leader-board which compares you vs friends.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 2:23:44 PM
I like the idea, but how would you be compared? Final score? FIDS?

Someone could just delay winning as long as possible to jack up their score as high as they can, and so on. And if you play on a huge system with many resources, you'll likely have different results that a friend who like, say, playing on a small system with few resources.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 2:53:09 PM
You'd have different leader-boards based on galaxy size / race, I guess.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 2:55:10 PM
EvilTactician wrote:
You'd have different leader-boards based on galaxy size / race, I guess.

That strikes me as being a lot of work, and server space, though. You'd need a seperate leader board for every galaxy configuration. Large, many resources, no pirates. Large, no resources, no pirates. Large, many resources, many pirates...And so on and so forth.

Again, I like the idea, I'm just not sure how it could work.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 16, 2012, 11:20:31 AM
This thread is the origin of discussions about improving the feedback at end of game.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13269-suggestion-more-detailed-victory-screen

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13596-suggestion-summary-of-the-game-the-big-picture

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13329-suggestion-alter-quit-text-when-you-re-scoreleader

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13554-suggestion-post-game-review

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13799-hall-of-fame-achievments

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13919-show-metrics-timeline-at-end-of-game-how-various-scores-changed-over-time

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment