Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[EXP] Overview

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 28, 2013, 7:35:50 PM
Nimiria wrote:
Reads all very nice smiley: smile I hope combat will become much more interesting now.

Still I have a question: Will diplomacy with AI (specially trading tecs etc.) be overworked so it will function better then?

Well, there have been some allusions in the forum, but I can't say any specifics but that there has been work on it. smiley: zipper+

P.S.: Accusations of nosteasing are totally justified at this point. Guilty as charged.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 28, 2013, 7:32:05 PM
Reads all very nice smiley: smile I hope combat will become much more interesting now.

Still I have a question: Will diplomacy with AI (specially trading tecs etc.) be overworked so it will function better then?
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 23, 2013, 11:12:35 PM
I am sure you have thought through this, but I want to check something on targeting...

"Targeting

If no targeting order is given for a phase, the following are used as a default targeting order:

Each ship targets the opponent ships which are the less targeted at the moment;

If all the opponent’s ships are equally targeted, the next one is the one with the less health.

If there is a targeting order, the ship follows the instruction if possible. If not, they use the default targeting options. If the target is destroyed within the phase, they acquire a new target following the active targeting."

This is pretty much the worse targeting algorithm possible right? This will result in equal damage to all ships, and all ships of the winning side surviving (but damaged). In reality the default targeting algorithm for the losing side will probably be something like "Target the weakest and most damaged enemy ships, so we kill something rather than lose the battle without any permanent result on the other side".

Do I assume you have picked the worst algorithm so that upgrades to targeting can all be better than this?

In general, it would be better and more balanced to see damage done to both sides in battles, to avoid runaway military supremacy (on either the players or AI side).
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 22, 2013, 6:03:51 PM
Ashbery76 wrote:
Looking at the latest G2G vote you will.

Can we have some details about the (non cheating) improvements to the A.I is this expansion.Cheers.
Yes please. I hate it when the A.I. cheats aka doesn't follow the same rules we do.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 21, 2013, 2:01:31 PM
The module revamp is genius. ABSOLUTE GENIUS. I'll actually be able to use kinetics without being made too dead to fire anything in the first 2 phases.

Oh, btw, devs, could you be persuaded to add some neat weapons like this to the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMa3LXe6oVc

It's just weird having an entire class of weapons called beam weapons that.....aren't beams. They're just the little "pew-pew-pew" shots like what Star Wars does.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 19, 2013, 3:04:21 PM
Lheimroo wrote:
Would love to see more faction-specific technologies. Love the whole special hulls for races idea, love the affinities - lets make the races play even more distinctly.

Looking at the latest G2G vote you will.

Can we have some details about the (non cheating) improvements to the A.I is this expansion.Cheers.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 9, 2013, 6:53:58 PM
Affinity wrote:
If my defenses only allow a very small amount, say 10%, of damage through, then repair modules will patch that up immediately. Wouldn't that still be an "invincible ship"? It's not hard to get decent repair per battle phase on ships. Unless you completely remove repairs from the game, you would still get situations of "invalid" weapons.

I propose the real problem lies in repair modules and ship HP. If we want to get rid of the "all or nothing" business, ship HP should be increased, and repair should not take place during a battle, but only at the end of the turn. Change repair modules to 10% per turn, and remove the per phase part. Don't even need to change the damage formula, just change the way ships handle that damage.

This I would like to see, I mean ship HP has already been doubled once. If current ship HP was doubled again and the in-combat repairs were drastically reduced or removed I think that would go a long way towards making combat more dramatic. I mean if the Nano-repair battlecard and advanced repair module(currently 10%) was reduced to 1% and the fleet wide repair modules were always flat HP.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 19, 2013, 11:37:44 AM
Lheimroo wrote:
Would love to see more faction-specific technologies. Love the whole special hulls for races idea, love the affinities - lets make the races play even more distinctly.
Exactly. DIfferent A.I. for each affinity to make the races play uniquely.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 19, 2013, 9:51:29 AM
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 19, 2013, 7:33:15 AM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Oh? But they are already half way done with the expansion pack...

But it would make sense for them to release it for a 1 year anniversary.

Although it would make sense, historically, it might not make sense, from a production point of view. Although I may be wrong, I'd expect a lot of testing and balancing work needs to be done, even after most program parts are finished, to assure good quality.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 10:32:33 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
I reckon that to be a rather overenthusiastic estimate, but that's just an educated guess... o_O

Oh? But they are already half way done with the expansion pack...

But it would make sense for them to release it for a 1 year anniversary.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 9:59:05 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Well at least they are now half-way through making the Expansion Pack. Its been a couple of months so I am guessing that it will be released in July 2013, to commemorate the 1st anniversary of ES.

I reckon that to be a rather overenthusiastic estimate, but that's just an educated guess... o_O
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 4:18:14 PM
Jaawa wrote:
Yeah, I would like to know this too, when might be the approximate earliest month/quarter-year where we could start expecting this expansion to come out? I'm a new player and I don't know the timeframes of when the DLCs have been released, so I have no way to guess on when the expansion might arrive (yeah I know I could research all this, but my science is all spent elsewhere smiley: biggrin ). Buuut, I'm having a blast with the game with all these things that have been put there, and I'm glad that I at least got to vote on the looks of the Harmony faction smiley: smile

PS. great job on the game so far devs! I watched TotalBiscuit's WTF is Endless Space on YouTube and you've really done a lot of nice things to improve this game. You're one of the coolest dev teams there are, for sure smiley: smile

Well at least they are now half-way through making the Expansion Pack. Its been a couple of months so I am guessing that it will be released in July 2013, to commemorate the 1st anniversary of ES.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 3:16:03 PM
NoxMortem wrote:
Is there any information about when this will be released? This makes a whole new game and i can't wait for it. I know they won't release an exact date but maybe at least if it will be in the first or secand half of this year.

Yeah, I would like to know this too, when might be the approximate earliest month/quarter-year where we could start expecting this expansion to come out? I'm a new player and I don't know the timeframes of when the DLCs have been released, so I have no way to guess on when the expansion might arrive (yeah I know I could research all this, but my science is all spent elsewhere smiley: biggrin ). Buuut, I'm having a blast with the game with all these things that have been put there, and I'm glad that I at least got to vote on the looks of the Harmony faction smiley: smile

PS. great job on the game so far devs! I watched TotalBiscuit's WTF is Endless Space on YouTube and you've really done a lot of nice things to improve this game. You're one of the coolest dev teams there are, for sure smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 23, 2013, 10:16:22 AM
Bombardment from orbit, should easily crack any planet with enough firepower, basically all planets to lava!!

If that's the only option - transform to lava then sure... smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 10:32:54 AM
Ail wrote:
This is amazing news! smiley: approvalsmiley: coolsmiley: stickouttongueower:

Indeed this is a whole lot better than before. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 10:15:25 AM
Meedoc wrote:

For the weapons formula, I think your idea is quite better indeed; I'll rework this part.

This is amazing news! smiley: approvalsmiley: coolsmiley: stickouttongueower:
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment