Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Graphics for anomalies

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:36:31 AM
It would be cool if you could actually see a graphical representation of planet anomalies, like the Antonov Rings, Meteor Strikes or the Kessler syndrome, on planets.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:51:09 AM
Well if you think to combine that with the other idea floating around here yesterday. (Tech/Civilization/war represented graphically)

I think that would work in one texture (besides wardamage).

I like that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 6:29:31 PM
This is a great idea. Anything to contribute to the uniqueness of individual planets, and to the beauty of the universe.

I've only played an hour or two but I'm already finding anomalies easy to overlook since they seem to generally unimportant. I find myself sort of going, "Oh, yet another ocean planet with some anomaly that gives +1 to dust, that's nice." and not being impressed by new planets anymore.

I would also suggest unique planet types, events and anomalies, but that's another topic I already posted to. You see this kind of...samey-ness problem in almost all 4x games, and I think it certainly hurts them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 8:20:25 PM
Great idea! Each planet would more or less be unique, that would really make exploring more fun.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 8:32:19 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, I have found myself not paying much attention to the planets I'm colonizing. Well, except with regards to titanium 70 (?) and hexaferrum. I watch for those. lol.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 10:11:50 PM
Something else, like space stations or satellites popping up around the planet as you progress would be cool.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 4:45:05 AM
+1

When you first start playing and you see an anomaly and thus look for it, you know it should be in place.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment