Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Active Planetary Defence mechanisms

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 10:25:08 AM
As the title and many forum users have suggested, I earnestly believe there should be some form in active planetary defences, such as starbases, surface cannons, fake-asteroid gun emplacement, orbital mine fields and such, that deals attrition damage to the invading force, and which in turn suffers damage from bombardment from the enemy fleet in orbit.

Partly as of now, the only way to defend your planets are your fleets, in most Sci-fi settings, there are always some form of orbital or planetary defences that have to be broken through *not asking for a Warhammer 40k Blackstone fortress tho*, since no one in their right frame of mind, would let an invading army walk in without a fight.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 9:22:53 PM
+1 to that especially in the early game where you cant create super sized fleets.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 5:32:25 PM
Im supporting this.

Also: I wont copy paste the full thing here, but please refer to my blog entry. Leave your thoughts and if you agree with me, keep on posting the link around. I hope to get the devs attention somehow.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 5:34:43 PM
Aerensiniac wrote:
Im supporting this.

Also: I wont copy paste the full thing here, but please refer to my blog entry. Leave your thoughts and if you agree with me, keep on posting the link around. I hope to get the devs attention somehow.

Thought about mailing them or putting it on your signature instead of every post?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 5:36:22 PM
Inquisitioner wrote:
Thought about mailing them or putting it on your signature instead of every post?
Putting it in my sig seems even lamer than spamming it in a few related threads smiley: wink

Also.. mail spam aint really better either... well i hope nobody will pull my butt over my ears.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 7:18:34 PM
+1

and in case it is implemented, these defense mechanisms should be visible in the solar system overview. maybe even in galactic overview
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 8:00:55 PM
+1

Also agree with this. It would be interesting to see fleets engage planetary defenses, too. Firing down upon starbases, the planet surface, whatever. It would liven up planetary invasion quite a bit from a visual perspective.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 8:03:54 PM
+1. It's annoying to have an enemy invading one of my systems, and unless I have a fleet present, there's nothing I can do.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 8:19:43 PM
Although, one thing I just thought of that I could do..keep some ships in the hangar in every system? not many, i don't think. but when something like that does happen and you don't have a fleet present, you could quickly send your guys out of the hanger into orbit. dunno.. lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:16:48 PM
the possibility to build one starbase per star system would be great... It would help in defense if the fleet is not there, and would also make ennemy system harder to take ^^ but it's another story smiley: smile

Neuneu.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment