Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] colony ships and home worlds

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 10:16:51 PM
One of the most frustrating things I have encountered in this game is when pirates are sitting at a homeworld of mine and I am trying to expand with colony ships from there, because it becomes a race against the five second clock to turn the ship into a fleet and get it out of the system before it is attacked. So I have three suggestions I would like to see for this game:

1) I would like to see the option once a system becomes a colony to build planetary defenses using the military weapons you research such that an enemy can't just sit on your system indefinitely killing anything that comes in or out of there, especially early game when pirates are much stronger than fleets you can produce.

2) I would like non-combatant fleets to have a 1-turn pass in which they cannot be engaged by any fleet the first turn they are made into a fleet, or at least a 30 second timer for you to get it out of that system without losing it to a fight you didn't want to get into.

3) I would also like the ability to not engage an enemy, it could be as simple as a flee the system option that you choose a system to flee to and make some kind of probability of success of fleeing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 10:19:38 PM
1. It would be interesting to have some sort of attrition from ground fire for ships just sitting in-system.

2. I like it

3. I think that (or similar) is on the to-do list
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 10:29:02 PM
1. Sounds very good to me, I really like it

2. I don't really agree on it, Pirates wouldn't care if you're non- combatant or not

3. I really hope that ist already on the to do list. Seen it many times around

4. What about that pirates want money from you so you can pass freely and one has to chose if they want to pay or not. It would be far more realistic. Afterall salvaging is not really what i would imaging being there main job. Rather make them pay or hand over their cargo or whatever. So a payment option or a communications panel would be something good in my opinion. What do you think?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 10:34:56 PM
I really like you number 4, it would be nice if you could pay off pirates, or even maybe "hire" them to go attack a system later in the game
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 10:45:14 PM
You can turn off pirates in the advanced options panel. I do this, because the pirate density can vary so widely from one game to another. I did not have the problem of pirates on my homeworld when I had them on. Perhaps you need more fleets out to keep the pirates from spreading. In this game, you can build warships and keep them in your hangar until you have "enough", then blast off with the whole fleet at once to hopefully end the problem. However, if this has happened to you in the early game, you may be stuck. You may want to start a new game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 12:37:15 AM
1. sounds nice.

2.i don't agree, this would take away the point of blockading your opponents systems.

3.Retreat should be coming.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 2:06:43 AM
1.This makes sense, the military tech tree could use something like that (My opinion is the military research is useful but lackluster, needs more than the next big gun or armor).

2.I'm with the others on this one, blockading a system is a strategic option. Leave them in their hangers or die. I do like the idea of being able to pay off the pirates to go away for some time though.

3. What everyone else said.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 7:37:28 AM
JStarr wrote:
2) I would like non-combatant fleets to have a 1-turn pass in which they cannot be engaged by any fleet the first turn they are made into a fleet, or at least a 30 second timer for you to get it out of that system without losing it to a fight you didn't want to get into.

3) I would also like the ability to not engage an enemy, it could be as simple as a flee the system option that you choose a system to flee to and make some kind of probability of success of fleeing.

With the new Guard System option, maybe those scenarios apply if an enemy fleet is NOT guarding. But if they are, then they are specifically hunting anything that might fly.

The option to not engage could be based on ship speed and stealth?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 7:42:25 AM
I have noticed, the guard system option doesn't seem to keep enemies out of the territory or auto-attack them. What does it do exactly?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment