Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Fitting world stats for each race?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 11:49:08 PM
Okay, so I was playing Cravers and I saw that I had a negative 5 to population happiness because my home planet was arid, why? I mean, if they settle them as home planets then it's logical to assume that they favour them to others, right? So why not have a bonus for arid instead, and perhaps a negative or stronger negative for another planet type.

Following on from this, you could have different FID bonuses per planet per race, for example, if Cravers love to inhabit arid planets, then they will probably have a better understanding of how to exploit them, in agriculture for example.

It doesn't make sense that a race would start out on one type of planet, have the research needed to inhabit others of the same type, but still be treated as if they are well, human.

Just a thought.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 2:24:15 AM
A good thought but this has been raised in many different ways in many different topics. I still hope the devs wil do something about that.

Ironically all people raise the cravers as example for this, I'd like to state again why I find this ironic. The crevours devour pretty much everything they find, it is likely they are living on an arid planet because they turned it into an arid planet. Those the cravers are actually the only exception beside the humans as the current system fits them quite well.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 4:31:09 AM
As KNC said, it's quite possible their planet was terran and they made it arid.

Also, if you read the lore, they were expelled there by the Endless; if you're forced to live somewhere, you might not really like it.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 8:55:13 PM
Then, errr, if they reduced a Terran world to Arid, wouldn't it be exploited? Technicalities...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 9:28:31 PM
ViscousVitriol wrote:
Then, errr, if they reduced a Terran world to Arid, wouldn't it be exploited? Technicalities...

Hrm... there is a thought. What if the locust effect devolved planets instead? A simple fix would be to terraform, but you would have to continually terraform the planets. That may have been the initial idea, actually, but it would have been hard to implement, and the current system is much simpler.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 10:28:41 PM
You were brought, you appear on a arid planet. It's not because it's your home planet that compare with some paradise terran you discover, you can not like where you come from. Even the Horatios.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 10:29:46 PM
But they've been living there for a while. I think the idea of the game is that the start of the game is when you obtain spacefaring capabilities.

Meaning, they simply didn't have the technology for a proper exploitation upgrade until the start of the game.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment