Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] improving improvements

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 7:34:24 AM
Hello!

After buying the game yesterday and playing it for excessively i must say it is THE awesome 4x game i was waiting for since M.o.O.3 flopped.

However there is one little thing that bothers me a bit. Speaking of improvements the most of them give a benefit to certain planet types or sizes (like +1 food to lava, asteroid belts, gas planets). Same for exploitations. Dont get me wrong. this is a great feature that makes the game a lot more strategic because you have to look how to terraform your planets so please dont change that!

My little problem is the following:

Example: The improvement "xenotourism agencies" gives +1 dust on arid, tundra, ocean, terran, jungle. what i usually do now is browsing through my solar systems, checking on each system how much of those planets are given and decide if it's worth building the improvement since it has upkeep costs.

Doing so every time a new improvement is being researched or a new system is being colonized is giving me a bit of a headache after playing a couple of hours...

So i got 2 suggestions on that issue (only on the design, not gameplay itself)

NR1:

If you choose a solar system and mouse over an improvement in the building options there could be written in parantheses the number of respective planets present in the system.

so for my example if you have 2x arid, 1x terran, 1x lava and 1x arctic in the system it would look like this:

xenotourism agencies:

production costs: 75 ind

+1 dust per pop on arid (2)

+1 dust per pop on tundra (-)

+1 dust per pop on ocean (-)

+1 dust per pop on terran (1)

+1 dust per pop on jungle (-)

-2 dust on improvement

NR2:

If the first suggestion is difficult to implement i've got an alternative: just set colored dots after each line representing the planet type. This would keep you from reading every single word when browsing through the possible improvements. example: lava=red, jungle=green, ocean=blue, desert=yellow, barren=black etc.

In my opinion this would make it much more comfortable and i would be very happy if something like that would make it to the final version. Please let me know what you think about it. THANKS!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 7:39:54 AM
I kind of like this idea, I have faced the same "problem" !

However, doesn't this bonus increase with the population of those planets ?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 7:50:26 AM
You are right it absolutely does but only if you have one of the planets in your system listed in the improvement. for this example if you would have 5x lava planets in your system, building xenotourism agencies would result in 2 dust upkeep and nothing else regardless of how much population are on the planets.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 11:58:59 AM
Moved to the proposals section.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 5:16:39 PM
Well,

You already can save some time with the Empire view:

In Empire view, if you select the population cell of the system, you can see the composition of the system. After that you just have to select the production cell and choose your improvement.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 7:10:38 AM
Thats right but klicking on each system itself is not my problem. See, the point is comparing the benefiting planets on the improvement with the given planets in the system. Sure it's no big deal doing this on a couple of systems but especially on large universes it's getting kind a exhausting...
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment