Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Battle Replays

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 9:03:04 AM
Yello,

Saw the G2G option "Freecam during battles" and thought that would make the possibility for screen capping awesome, then I thought but there no guarantee that a battle will play the same way twice if you re-loaded a save and fought it again, which lead me to, it would be nice if you could ether A, replay the battle that just happened without being able to change things so it plays out the same, or B save a replay for future use, if this is implemented it would be nice to be able to disable the HUD during combat.

This feature would be purely atheistic so I know such a feature will be put low down on any list, still it would be cool to have, you could make or let your community make, some nice trailers for the game if this was included. I could make some really cool videos with my multi-monitor setup with such a feature, speaking of which I've really got to stop putting off making my multi-monitor commentary video.

Edit: Crap sorry, forgot you moved suggestions to a new sub forum, my bad, please move.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 11:31:01 AM
I'd like to see a save battle report feature.

Some battles are absolutely pivotal and huge, some are decisive and brief. But being able to save a battle report automatically, maybe deposit the readout as a jpeg in a folder somewhere, that would be useful when retelling past victories to other people.

Especially in multiplayer. Being able to preserve forever that totally awesome moment when your last frigate held off three dreads and allowed you time to bring reinforcements or something crazy. Well you'd be rubbing it in your opponent's faces forever, and having a permanent record would be good.

Obviously, as with full battle replays, Fraps exists and you could simply take a screenshot yourself. But as always, if a feature isn't directly in a multiplayer game, it doesn't become a ubiquitous part of the community culture. Having a ready made image to post on forums and here and stuff, just dumped to a folder at the click of a button, that would foster a whole lot of bragging and recollection and story telling, which builds a game's image and renown, I think. Look at how fervent replays are even among other turn based games, like Civ, let alone real time games like SC.

I dunno. Like you said, it's such a minor priority thing I'd expect it could be modded in by the community.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 11:42:04 AM
The game does already give you a battle report after a battle, it displays in the same window that shown before the start of the battle. Since this is a steam game, a quick F12 before dismissing the window will save a screenshot to your steam account. That said if the game could log them in a text of xml format for each universe you could use it to make statistics. That said, your idea is a little different to mine, you should really put it in its own thread, suggestions should go here: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design I put this on in the wrong place.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment