Hi,

I'm quite new to the game (I only played 2 full and some unfinished games), but as I was thinking about how well could the multiplayer mode function in a game of this genre I've got some ideas ^^.

Firstly, I realised that the relations between players would be basically worthless (except for the border crossing) as they can declare war any time without consequences even if they just made peace (or cease fire) a round before. For example if there's a powerful player and a weaker one wants to cease fire with him. The powerful player agrees, because this gives him time to finish off someone else, but he can declare war whenever he wants again. This is almost totally worthless for the weaker player as he cannot know when the powerful one will break the agreement and he will be taken by surprise by it, so the powerful one can make the first move again.

My suggestion to improve this part of the game is that people should be able to set time frames for these agreements and they shouldn't be able to change their status (for a worse one) until the time is up. For example 2 players could cease fire for 20 turns. Then they couldn't declare war for 20 turns, but after the time is up the relation wouldn't change, it just wouldn't be locked in.

The second thing is that in my opinion it would be great if there was a spectator system in multiplayer, as seeing the whole map and what everyone is doing is quite entertaining too. Also if players had the ability to save replays they could learn a lot from them (or from other people's replays).

So far I think these additions would fit well into the game and improve it, but if some more experienced players know something I don't and these changed wouldn't work out well, please enlighten me smiley: smile.