Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Increasing The Depth For The Pirates

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 12:04:55 PM
Hey I got Endless Space a few days ago and I'm finding it great but i get overrun by pirates all the time, I don't know where they come from in most cases since they just appear randomly so I thought why not make it be that a random planet could be the pirate home world allowing players/AI to get the chance to destroy them if the have the power to do so that is. If the pirates have their own world they could also be conducted in diplomacy allowing them to be used for other things.

For example you want to expand to grab a source of anti matter but find out it has been claimed by a faction you are friendly with but you cant afford trading dust to obtain the resource, So you decide to bribe the pirates to attack the colony for you and when they're finished your ships swoop in and battle for control of the colony, But since this may be over used the bribes would be expensive to use and if the pirates were destroyed the faction would be told that it was you who told them to attack the system and could lead to a declaration of war between you and the other faction.

If the pirates were to have their home world and someone managed to destroy it it would stop pirate ships being produced and then in time wipe them of the face of the galaxy, Upon destruction of the pirate home world the destroyer can claim all the pirates loot they gained through out the game which could be 300 dust or 2000 dust but the longer the game goes on the more loot the pirates will get but the longer they live the stronger they get making it harder to get the large sum of dust in their capital.

Thats my suggestion to make the game that wee bit better.

PS I've not read through all the posts so I don't know if someone has posted this already.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 12:14:11 PM
Loudpreditor wrote:
PS I've not read through all the posts so I don't know if someone has posted this already.

Hi there Loudpreditor I think your onto something like some folks have been discussing on the forums here

Pirates should have alot more depth to them, would make quite a difference compared to how they are typically used in other games.

Infact I wouldn't mind having fun playing the Pirate Faction if we ever did see such a thing in ES. Yarr! smiley: twisted
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment