Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] UI: The galaxy map (all information on all zooms)

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 10:46:41 PM
When at its highest level of detail the galaxy map tells me most of what I want to know about a system at a glance: the population, how many uncolonized/colonizable planets there are left, and its invasion defense. If I zoom too far out – and it doesn't have to be very far out – all of this information goes away, and I'm left with just the system name and a star icon. I might just be going crazy, but it seems like it's random exactly how closely you can zoom in and still have these three crucial pieces of information displayed. Losing the first two pieces is especially frustrating as I try to make sure my empire is growing as quickly as it can.

I'd like there to be a simple hotkey I can press to force this information to display, no matter how cluttered it makes the galaxy map. You'd have to zoom very far out for it to be an issue, and as it is the information is cut off long before it needs to.

Also, I wouldn't mind the game starting out not zoomed in super far, especially if I'm loading a save. It's silly to start zoomed so far in on a planet when one of the first things I'm going to do is send a scout away from it, and it's even sillier to start zoomed that far in when I saved the game zoomed much further out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 11:20:36 PM
Moved to the proposals section.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 2:03:22 PM
One bump for my practical thread. smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment