Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] Enemies & New Game Hotkey

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 9:27:27 PM
It would be nice if:

* The new game screen would remember the enemies you had chosen to fight (it resets every time).

* You could change the enemy colors just like you can change your own.

* We had a new game hotkey (like Ctrl-N in Gal Emp II). That way, if you hate your start, you just hit the hotkey instead of quitting and starting a new game. Basically, it just regenerates the universe under the same parameters as the current universe.

Having a lot of fun with the Alpha. Can't wait for beta. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 10:40:43 PM
Ruindar wrote:
It would be nice if:

* The new game screen would remember the enemies you had chosen to fight (it resets every time).

* You could change the enemy colors just like you can change your own.

* We had a new game hotkey (like Ctrl-N in Gal Emp II). That way, if you hate your start, you just hit the hotkey instead of quitting and starting a new game. Basically, it just regenerates the universe under the same parameters as the current universe.

Having a lot of fun with the Alpha. Can't wait for beta. smiley: smile

1 and 2 have been suggested already, expect them to come up with the beta or the release.

3 Actually sounds like it could be cool. I try to keep myself from shuffling too much but sometimes I just get tempted, especially when I'm not actually starting a game but rather trying something.

supersoaker9 wrote:
On top of that, how about a way to:

* save a generated map for a later game?

That would be saving the settings and the galaxy seed. This has been requested as well.

Generally I have to say it is better if you look for the existence of your suggestions before you post them. Also you shouldn't put a lot of suggestions into one thread as the devs can't really track anything like that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 10:50:05 PM
KNC wrote:
... That would be saving the settings and the galaxy seed. This has been requested as well...

Really? With the same seed, the map changes every time for me.

If these "seeds" in the game are actually the seeds to which some random number generator uses, then all galaxies will be different as it is likely the coding also relies on a timestamp to enter the random number generator.

What I mean is to save the map as is, completely, all of the resource locations, planet names, etc. So later on you can start a new game and assign different factions.

If you can provide a link, it would be helpful, because for the life of me, I cannot find the correct keywords to find such a thread.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 10:56:39 PM
This is the thread I meant: forums.amplitude-studios.com/showthread.php?2703-Suggestion-Optional-Galaxy-seed-Identification-on-savefiles

Found it by searching for galaxy seed.

As for the generation, you can put in your own values but right above is a checkbox with something like Generate Random Galaxy Seed. If that is ticked you the number you put in will be ignored in favor of a random one.

I'm not sure about the complete saving as I don't know how much the galaxy seed covers.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment