Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] Hero Ambassador and Multiplayer diplomacy

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 7:44:04 PM
I'd like to see the ability to assign a hero to another faction as an ambassador. Each turn they are there, the faction's respect increases, along with the bonuses that respect brings-I don't know if respect increases trade volume or not, but it probably should. Of course, if war is declared, the hero is wounded.

Someone else mentioned a 'peace' option, so I also came up with an interesting idea with that in multiplayer. The 'respect' parameter is not the respect of the leader, but the respect of the people. This can cause problems for human and AI leaders sometimes, because their options will become limited on both ends of the respect spectrum. (Respectrum?) On one end, all you can do is declare war, but on the other end, you can't declare war on a respected faction without losing major happiness from the population.

Same goes for deals offered. The highly respected faction's (good) deals come with a rejection price: the loss of happiness from your own people. This will make certain decisions more difficult, such as the classic deal response: You're winning so suck it, which severely limits winning via diplomatic/peaceful means. Of course, none of this would apply to crappy deals, and spamming deals to an opponent would start having the opposite effect on the opponent's population happiness. Related to how much the population's 'nationalist' standing, for example, Cravers are never going to be upset that you rejected a deal. But a more friendly type of people will be upset you reject a deal the first few times, and then they start thinking 'why do they keep bothering us'?

Certain deals would probably have to be left off the happiness index table, such as major tactical requests like star maps and open borders.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 11:56:33 AM
Then this thread will be closed.
0Send private message
Comment