Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] Eyefinity SUPER high resolution test and suggestions.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 3:11:33 PM
i play it "only" with 1920x1080 and i can imagine how its is if you playing with more then 1 monitor. It would be cool if each UI-element could be moved where i like to have it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 12:12:56 PM
Just picked this up from the Steam sale this weekend and being another Eyefinity user, I would love to be able to move the UI elements around, or at least confine them on the centre monitor so I don't have to be peering over into the left monitor to control exploitation and peering into the right to look for notifications.

The game is absolutely beautiful in Eyefinity though, especially the space battles. However, it's a bit harder to play since the UI feel like it's hiding from me on my peripheral vision.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 29, 2012, 8:19:33 PM
For those of you who are having trouble getting Eyefinity to work Nativity. If you have an actual Eyefinity group on your system the game auto detects your resolution. It should be a res option in the graphics settings. If you change it it should just 'work'.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 10:44:23 PM
Yes, I came here just to suggest this and I'm really pleased to see that there's a thread. Although also remember Eyefinity isn't the only multi-monitor solution out there, I'm using NVidia surround and it's pretty amazing - and I expect NVidia surround to become more popular as more people get the 6xx cards. The problem is mostly the interface, but the graphics look amazing in 5760x1200 (although I'm running at 6110x1200 with bezel correction).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 10:00:54 AM
Yes i really hope they make the GUI scalable so i can use eyefinity and have the GUI in my center screen game thus far looks awesome in 5760x1080 smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 3:15:19 AM
uk_uk wrote:
uhm... i started the game, set resolution to 5760x1080 and voila... Eyefinity.

Did you activate Eyefinity in your AMD Engine Control Center?

I was among the many users where attempting to select a resolution above the 1600x900 doesn't work. In one thread someone mentioned verifying your actual refresh rate on your monitors in dxdiag and changing the registration file to match. That finally worked. Other posts had said to use 59 for refresh rate so it wasn't sticking. Changing it to 64 allowed me to force the eyefinity resolution. Yay!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 7:43:52 PM
A lot games support Eyefinity... not every time by default, but sometimes after a patch or a "hack"

True enough, I usually check widescreen gaming forum for a solution for cretain games, which often helps alot.

But in my opinion this is only a temporary solution and often a nuisance as you have to apply a new solution every time a patch comes out for a game.

Anyway, Im happy Endless space runs well with my Eyefinity setup, its just these minor UI things that could be improved.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 1:33:08 AM
I'm mostly waiting for display manufacturers to finally make bezel-less displays, so that we can just configure multiple monitors for arbitrarily high resolution setups...

The interface has similar issues at 2560x1600 in terms of not making effective use of space.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 1:21:17 AM
Just purchased on Steam and this was one of the first things I wanted to put my vote in for.

Supreme Commander did a great job by assigning a secondary monitor to a map and I've always wished the Civ series would support more than a single monitor.

I notice the game is using Unity and I have a feeling it's using NGUI for the UI (based purely on my own development experience). If this is correct then adding in a drag-able and re-sizeable UI is a walk in the park... Please be so smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 12:50:06 AM
I have two 1920x1080 Monitors - further support of this, by resizing / moving UI components would be a fantastic addition. A good model, I feel in UI moving is STO (Star Trek Online) where you can select what UI components you want visible, and can move resize them at will. Great also for those with single screens.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 5:02:16 AM
Hi, I currently play on an AMD Eyefinity setup. My total resolution is 6120 by 1080 and was absolutely astounded by the support by this game for that resolution. +10 billion to the devs.

Although the game supports the resolution, the UI is sort of annoying. Currently, the game puts the UI on the side of the screen, and leaves it there. This is somewhat annoying for users of SUPER long displays because then you have to go back and forth all the way across the screen. Some solutions for this would be with to make drag-able UI or to make an aspect-ratio scale-able UI. The drag-able could work like the UI on EVE Online or other MMO's to where anywhere the game was being played, the UI placement is valid. The aspect-ratio scale-able UI could work by continually expanding the UI until the aspect ratio of the screen does not keep the ratio(16:10, 16:9, 4:3, 5:4) thus only displaying the UI on one screen.

Thanks to all the devs and EVERYONE working on the game and making it what it is. Great game and having lots of fun.

Thanks.

PS. Screen look.

Edit: I dont know why the picture posted at such a low resolution, it was probably down scaled for server use.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 2:55:34 PM
Eyfinity and Matrox type setups for multimonitor support demand is growing gradually - I expect we will see more support for apps in general.

Personally, I am still waiting for a game that draws view out of a windowed building or out of a space craft cockpit where they the window/viewport frame is deliberately placed to line up with the bezel on the multimonitors (*hint hint to all devs out there) smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 8:31:17 AM
uhm... i started the game, set resolution to 5760x1080 and voila... Eyefinity.

Did you activate Eyefinity in your AMD Engine Control Center?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 3:12:54 AM
How are you getting Eyefinity to work? I can't get anything above 1600x900 to work on my Eyefinity system. I've tried messing with the registration file to no avail.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 11:17:41 PM
Kingofdreams wrote:
I actually itended to support your initial post^^

Unfortunately not many games support Eyefinity and even if they do, like Team Fortress 2 for example,

Valve did not improve the HUD in all those years.

A lot games support Eyefinity... not every time by default, but sometimes after a patch or a "hack"

The devs have the time (and the fanbase) to implement and test a proper eyefinity-support.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 9:54:30 PM
I actually itended to support your initial post^^

Unfortunately not many games support Eyefinity and even if they do, like Team Fortress 2 for example,

Valve did not improve the HUD in all those years.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 11:32:07 PM
Kingofdreams wrote:
Greetings, I also play with Eyefinity.

My resolution is 5760x1080 and the game looks great and runs smoothly.

However, I have two thing to remark and hope you may fix this at some point.

1. In the Military, Empire and Academy View the information "boxes" are stretched throughout the screen,

maybe its possible to center and narrow the windows.

2. The general HUD is in the top left and down right corner of the screen,

it would be equally awesome to center them somehow.

Maybe an adjustable HUD like in Star Trek Online would do the trick.

I haven't gotten too far into the game so I don't quite know. But yeah, that was what I meant is a draggable UI like EVE Online or something with resizable UI windows.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 7:07:01 PM
Greetings, I also play with Eyefinity.

My resolution is 5760x1080 and the game looks great and runs smoothly.

However, I have two thing to remark and hope you may fix this at some point.

1. In the Military, Empire and Academy View the information "boxes" are stretched throughout the screen,

maybe its possible to center and narrow the windows.

2. The general HUD is in the top left and down right corner of the screen,

it would be equally awesome to center them somehow.

Maybe an adjustable HUD like in Star Trek Online would do the trick.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 1:15:01 PM
As someone who plays this game on a laptop, I can only imagine how awesome that must look smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment