Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Carrier Class Ships?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 4:55:44 AM
I thought it would be nice to see an expansion on he ship types for each race. With the Carrier Class also would come fighter and bomber squadrons which could be utilized in any fashion. Also if this was suggested earlier my bad but wanted to bring the subject some more attention. I know this would be a rather large under taking but feel it would add a major component to the cinematic and overall epic space battle/civilization building theme of the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 4:59:32 AM
I feel especially including the smaller spacecraft into the game including the carrier class for practicality (truly no small spacecraft is going to make such long voyages required for galactic travel) would open options for invasion of planets to such as bombing of planets and air superiority.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 2:57:23 PM
You can edit your posts, so you don't need to reply to a thread four minutes after you've posted it.

The developers are, to my knowledge, already preparing to add carriers to the game—though they haven't talked about how they're implementing them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 3:01:32 PM
I was suprised to find that they werent in the game but that would explain why flak is in the game (besides to shoot down torps and missiles). I would really like to see some footage of how they are going to work in battles.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 4:13:44 PM
You could also accomplish this just by going the MOO2 route and adding in "carrier bays" as a piece of equipment to add to ships. Honestly there are enough places on all the ship designs I've seen that a little interceptor/bomber has ample launching and docking points to choose from.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment