Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Unique & More Hero Talents

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 1:40:12 AM
Unique Hero Talents

I'd love to see some unique talents for heroes, ideally 2 or 4 for each hero. By unique, I mean "unique"; other heroes won't be able to get these as these are hero-specific, to diverse heroes a bit from pure stats, and add more to them & their individuality meanwhile. These unique talents may be acquired at specific levels, lets say 10 and 20 for now.

An example ability/talent: An corporate-administrator hero may choose to get "-50% food, -25% science, +25% dust, +50% industry", and this ability/talent (I'll call it talent from now on) may be called "Industrial Revolutionist".

Or, another example: An administrator-commander hero may choose to get "+10 system recovery from invasion, +10% system defense, +25% food&industry when blockaded", and this may be called "Stand Ground"

Or, an admiral example: An adventurer-pilot hero may choose to get "+10% fleet repair (even working on enemy territory), +4 fleet movement & scan range, can scan enemy ships, +5 offense & defense" and it may be called "Smuggler Instinct"

and so on. Difference between other "generic" ones and these suggested "unique" ones is, each hero gets a different thing, they aren't shared. These don't have to be just 2 or 4 for a hero, there may be a lot more (I'm looking at you, modded xml files). Oh, Horatio clones won't be able to achieve these unique stuff, in case these will be added.

New Hero Talents

Many of the upgrades are very generic. As far as I know, there is none that provides a bonus to science or dust directly, aside from those +% bonuses coming from wit (trade is an exception). Why isn't there such stuff that provides defense for your systems, invasion recovery bonuses, blockade bypassing, etc...? More diversity always brings me joy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 11:36:20 AM
there is a +20% sience skill called "Industry-Academic Partnership" but you have to skill dust-wielder first which is a bit counter-intuitive, I only found this by accident. see here for an overview http://endlessspace.wikia.com/wiki/Abilities

but I agree, some unique skills would be nice.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 4:12:28 PM
I'd love for the heroes to be more diverse. Actually... I'd love for their bios to be written with correct grammar but that's a fight for another day. Back to the point: unique skills would be great and also I like the idea of being able to choose abilities that give a balance shift like minus food to plus industry. I think that would need to be tested out a little more though and maybe the boost or overall swing shouldn't be so high. I can imagine that if I'm producing hundreds of extra food as I sometimes manage to, adding half that onto an already considerable industry score would unbalance things somewhat. I agree with what you're saying in principal though.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 5:39:44 PM
Good to know Meliki.

Also, Hollow, these are just example numbers; but I kept the examples high to stress the shift, otherwise it could be considered a generic one. But true, it may unbalance things in late game, and your starting heroes will have a big impact on the late game. But those examples doesn't have to be swings, I was just trying to give unique examples smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment