Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] System View Screen. Hide useless system improvements

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 7:59:56 PM
System View screen contains list of available "Star system improvements". Some improvements are useless for particular star system from player's opinion. So, up to 100th turn, the list contains dozen items which never will build. I think capability of hide/remove useless building is a good feature.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 9:40:32 PM
I support that !

A toggle button in the queue window and that's it !

(And it could help the AI too: no more moon improvements on a moonless system! smiley: stickouttongue)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 10:48:51 PM
Or at the very least some way to sort them by function.

New (shows onse developed in last 5-10 turns maybe?)

Food

Industry

Dust

Science

Misc
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 11:27:15 PM
I agree, it is currently messy and time consuming.

I find when I colonize a new planet that I want to queue up construction with the fastest build times first. The first 2 or 3 I remember where they are in the list, but all the items should be sorted from fastest build times to slowest.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 8:50:35 AM
Agreed. A system to show/hide improvements can reduce a lot of time spent on scrolling and seeking the single improvements, but if you can add an automatic filter of utils/useless things, it can help the AI too, like said Gyomb, helping to select utils improvements. And i don't think it's too complicated, since they are simply + something or - something. Quite easy to code, from my external point of view.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 6:44:04 PM
Rodomar705 wrote:
And i don't think it's too complicated, since they are simply + something or - something. Quite easy to code, from my external point of view.

I'm not sure about that. There is a few things to take in consideration (planet types, number of moons, ability to trade or not, …)

But only the dev team has the answer to this question. (I hope that IS easy !)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 8:52:27 PM
i support the idea.

i think it is messy to search the list for particular improvements every time. to decide for each system which improvements can be blanked out

can make the game faster.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 8:12:19 PM
i think the difficulty to implement a + and - function is not fix.

it depends on how the system improvment list is implemented. or not?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 8:54:00 PM
I will never use it, though it sounds like a good idea. I will end up hiding a building then forgetting about and never use it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 8:59:48 PM
Filters would be great, an adviser panel to suggest choices for newbies even better as well.smiley: approval
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 9:18:45 PM
I totally agree with hiding useless improvements. I wouldn't mind even seeing an improvement suggestion screen that the user can configure. Set your own rules etc.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 7:58:41 PM
Yep, but for example, you play by Graves. So, all trade improvements are useless on empire level for all systems. But for first step, system level 'black' list is enough.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment