logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] weapons to be viewed on ships

yes
no
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 2:32:33 AM
i think the weapons in the ship maker should be viewed in-detail and in person in the screen! not just the modules and their data/specs... also if anyone wants to comment or make a statement on their behalf be my guest!

also....

@devs i bought the Emperor Special Edition from steam will i still get my name in the credits just fo testing?smiley: confused
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 2:46:28 AM
It would be more effort than it's worth to show weapons actually on the ship model, if that's what you're asking. The developers would have to identify more than two dozen points on each ship where it would look good to have a weapon coming out (more than a dozen on the left and more than a dozen on the right), then adjust the ship models so the weapon models can stick out. If the ships actually needed to worry about arcs of fire then obviously I'd say go ahead and show us the weapon while you're at it, but the weapon selection portion of ship design is rather simple in Endless Space and so making them visible on the ship is unnecessary.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 2:52:24 AM
well i just ment for eye-candy but you do raise a good point GC.... but i ment just a few on each side.... like say three on the cravers maurder type hull and the cannons only show in combat.....
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 2:53:33 AM
and i ment three on each side.... kinda like a broadside in wood ship in real life
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 2:55:01 AM
Yeah, if we toned it down I could see it being worth it later in the cycle. Maybe even have it scale the size of the weapon mount so if I have four beams it shows a mid-sized one but if I've stacked twelve beams on it's a big one. It shouldn't be too hard to program some kind of an algorithm to decide what gets displayed on the model.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 3:11:52 AM
tommy1623 wrote:
agreed. so you sorta see what i ment?

and i ment agreed on the scaling the parts
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 10:24:54 AM
As this one is purely cosmetic and there are so many functional suggestions, I vote for "no". Although I liked this feature at GalCiv2, I also think it's not worth the effort.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 2:49:49 AM
This is the sort of thing that would be worth the effort.

If you're going to have a combat system that is purely eye-candy... you need this.

Some sort of dynamic feedback on what is going on in the battle, rather than just one space-brick spraying lights from it's corner at another light spraying space-brick.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment