Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] In-Game Music

Yes - These options sound great! (or suggest additional via post)
No - Keep the music how it is. (or tell us why it's not a good idea)
Maybe - It needs something else. (suggest via post)
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 7:16:30 PM
Alright so here's my wonderful idea to cull the masses of their need of alternate music choices either supplied by the game, or able to be modded in without much extra effort. I've seen so many threads about people wanting to create a mod to implement their own music, or what people listen to on iTunes or other music applications on their computer while they play, Why not make a bit of a bridge between the ideas, and the game itself?

• Including "Achievement Based" music supplied by the devs
  • Letting users include their own music via ingame jukebox using a "music" folder in the game files
  • Letting users access internet radios via ingame jukebox using IP Addresses to various sources
  • Add a list in game options to replace current ingame music with player selected music per event (-Example: Space battle -Example: Peace for 5 turns+ -Example: Conflict for 5 turns +)

0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 8:23:03 PM
I don't know how much I'd use these features, but I'd certainly appreciate the option. Especially the music folder (even better with the ability to assign my chosen music per event). I'm quite fond of the ingame music, but fair chance that will change in time... nice to keep things fresh.

I'm curious, though: what do you mean by "Achievement Based" music?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 8:26:57 PM
Some games give different music tracks after you have achieved certain things, kinda like any achievement based armor or other customizable feature later on, they add some music tracks in such a way too. Just thought I'd throw that idea out there cause it crossed my mind.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 8:38:37 PM
Ah, yes, that would be nice.

Achievements are always fun to get, but I find myself usually having a hard time caring overly much about them. They're all too often empty and shallow.

When they actually give you some kind of "tangible" reward, though, that makes them a lot more interesting.

Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery) did this, for example, and it made me happy. They weren't big rewards, but still, it gave me an incentive to go that extra mile. It was made that much better, imho, by the fact that achievements gave you points, which you could spend how you wanted (vanity buildings, profile pictures, little things like that). Beyond receiving something for your trouble, you even got to choose your own rewards!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 8:52:08 PM
ElegantCaveman wrote:
Ah, yes, that would be nice.

Achievements are always fun to get, but I find myself usually having a hard time caring overly much about them. They're all too often empty and shallow.

When they actually give you some kind of "tangible" reward, though, that makes them a lot more interesting.

Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery) did this, for example, and it made me happy. They weren't big rewards, but still, it gave me an incentive to go that extra mile. It was made that much better, imho, by the fact that achievements gave you points, which you could spend how you wanted (vanity buildings, profile pictures, little things like that). Beyond receiving something for your trouble, you even got to choose your own rewards!

I'd love for it to be taken to that level... I love achievements and all things shiny. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 9:01:08 PM
That orchestral music in the trailer made me fall in love with the game. I want some more of that!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 9:23:17 PM
CookieSalad wrote:
That orchestral music in the trailer made me fall in love with the game. I want some more of that!

Listen to some Two Steps From Hell smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 4:49:33 AM
Made a thread about the music some 2 weeks ago: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11064-discussion-ingame-music

I totally agree the music variation isn't sufficient. Actually I was somewhat disappointed when I saw that of all things the music bar is on 100% already smiley: sadblue

The tracks are good but I feel there isn't enough variation and to be honest they aren't great enough to make up for the lack in variation. There is only 1 track for battles and if only 1 single track is supposed not to get old and annoying by the 100th time you hear it it's gotta be a great piece, which I think it isn't. It's good but not that good. Actually I just got a great idea, I will open a new thread about the music in a moment I think.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment