Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Special Race Tech Tree?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 11:46:53 PM
I think each race should have a special tech tree unique to their race. Cause for each race the only difference is the affinity of the race. i thought it would be nice that each race has their own special tech tree to make the game a bit more interesting then each race having pretty much the same tech as all other races. for example special ships, weapons and perks off course balancing and implementing this would be a big task.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 12:57:21 AM
There's no need for a whole separate tree. If a race gets special ships, then it can go in the exploration tree (with the rest of the ships) and so on.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 9:23:39 AM
I would love a separate tech tree for each race. It would really add a concrete definition between races beyond what is there right now and really spice up gameplay in my opinion.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 9:27:54 AM
I like it how it is now - it's easy to see where the special racial techs are, and they require you to think and decide if the trip into that branch of the tech tree is really worth it.

Having a separate tree would only serve to spread tech research even more, and force people to ignore up to half a tech tree depending on the number of racial specific techs they get.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 12:28:01 PM
I will agree with Mansen, I think it's good the way it is. Also, a special tech tree for each race would be a lot of work, don't you think? Besides, a few things in the tech tree change from faction to faction if I'm not mistaken (at least that's the impression I got when I played UE and afterwards started a new game playing as Horatio, although perhaps I was just imagining it)...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 12:36:54 PM
Sadly I dont think that is the case, with research being this quick, you end up getting many techs fast, this again reduces the impact of your choices.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 7:36:46 PM
davea wrote:
Please let me know what you think of this proposal:

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11946-suggestion-improving-replayability-with-better-racial-techs

Those are good ideas, but frankly I don't think they go far enough to differentiate the strategy each faction will use. And sadly, at this stage of development I doubt we'll see any major change in the tech trees. They're trying to do final balancing for release, and anything that moved the factions towards more unique strategies would throw that out of whack.

I think it's a missed opportunity, and one of the few things I don't like about the game. I miss the way factions worked in GalCiv2 for the final expansion. There were some common elements in the tech tree (mostly the combat trees), but the economic and research trees were very different. You had to play each faction differently, and I'm just not seeing that here.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 7:47:30 PM
Zenicetus wrote:
Those are good ideas, but frankly I don't think they go far enough to differentiate the strategy each faction will use. And sadly, at this stage of development I doubt we'll see any major change in the tech trees.

I know for a fact that the dev team is highly interested in this and will be making changes. Please update onto the linked thread (to keep it in one place) with any additional/better ideas you have on diversity. You, I, and many other players think this is an important area to improve.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment