Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Asteroid related anomaly dependent on there being asteroid field

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 9:15:20 PM
I noticed in one of my systems that there are two planets next to each other with similar anomalies relating to asteroids, is this by design? Anyway, there are a couple design problems here - sorry, I'm an astronomer smiley: wink Either one of these should have an asteroid belt near or in between two of these systems. You don't just magically get asteroids around one planet.

- Meteor strikes - meteor implies the meteoroid is burned up in the atmosphere. meteorite implies it reaches the ground which is fairly rare because of the small size of the particles. usually meteorite material originate from comets, not asteroids so radioactivity would be extremely rare. So perhaps you could change it to "asteroid impacts"? You could get the heavy damage to the surface and make it a little more realistic for getting radioactivity or whatever.

- Antonov rings - this one was next door to the meteor strikes planet. So this one is kinda interesting but instead of erratic maybe use "unstable" orbits. Small point: beige and brown are kinda the same color?

- Maybe have another orbital debris field, instead of providing money and science it provides production from metal mining. Or an Oort cloud that sends comets occasionally, causing a planet to be flooded/wiped out with water/ice.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment