Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Steam Cloud Save

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 7:27:51 PM
Fairly simple idea, if possible it would be nice if our saved game files could be stored on the Steam Cloud, so we can access our saves from other computers without having to copy the files manually. Would be useful for people who use both a PC and a laptop.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 10:02:30 PM
+1 and my support if it's not already been suggested. This would be fantastic for general release to save messing around with USB drives and things.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 10:50:12 PM
Yeah, I like this. I'm not sure I'd use it, personally, as I don't like using Cloud, but I have some friends who aren't on the forums that would really enjoy being able to do this.

To be honest, I didn't know Steam had a Cloud system. ^^;;

Anyway, +1
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 11:07:26 PM
I could be wrong but was the steam cloud stuff really designed for this? I thought it was meant just for config files; now I'll grant you most bziped game file are about the size of a game settings file, but how would one manage it, last I looked (long time ago) it was pita to manage that stored content and it also dupped data locally due to how it works.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 12:11:44 AM
Every game I've seen that uses the Steam Cloud always says xx/100MB of space, but I'm fairly sure I've seen games do it before, it could mostly be used for user information, but save files kinda are still user information of a different kind.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 9:42:15 AM
+1

I play often on different computers´s so it yould be grat to have my save games all the time by me like by sins of a solar empire rebelion.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 10:04:22 AM
KnightHawk wrote:
I could be wrong but was the steam cloud stuff really designed for this? I thought it was meant just for config files; now I'll grant you most bziped game file are about the size of a game settings file, but how would one manage it, last I looked (long time ago) it was pita to manage that stored content and it also dupped data locally due to how it works.

Yep, works for saved games too. "Use it for personalized settings like keyboard, mouse, and gamepad configurations, multiplayer sprays, or even saved games" from http://www.steamgames.com/steamworks/ov_cloud.php
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 2:54:45 AM
I support such an idea.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 3:50:30 AM
I use this all the time for Civ V - it lets me swap between playing it on my laptop during a commute and playing on my desktop at home - it is perfect for a game like this where a 'game' might last for days.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 9:29:45 AM
Not a bad idea - the saves are only about 38kb each anyway so there should be plenty of room for both configurations and savegames.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment