Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite Suggestion]Pirates/Enemy Notifications, Planetary Defenses

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 8:54:51 AM
One problem that I ran into constantly in my second game was pirates taking over my systems. What happens is that I'll keep moving along my merry way and just randomly lose a system - and when I zoom in and look at it, I discover that it's because a pirate ship is sitting in orbit, and it just eventually took the system. It's extremely difficult to see enemy ships that are in friendly systems, because the ships are generally small and dark in color, so without manually looking at every system on every single turn (which shoots an already lengthy game into a ridiculously long one) I start losing systems without warning. Could there be a way for a notification to pop up whenever enemy ships enter your systems, or at least come into your control area?

On that note, I'm also curious as to why I never saw any orbital defenses as system improvements (though I have yet to explore every tech tree fully, so if it's already in there I apologize). This is a game where physics are a thing of the past, and technology has advanced to unimaginable heights...but there's no technology for putting orbital guns into systems to defend them from pirates? As with my previous issue, I'm constantly finding myself losing systems, and it seems like having some sort of defensive structure to automatically protect your systems from pirate attacks would nice. It could just be something like every time the enemy attacks the system, the defensive structures reduce their health by some amount, and potentially destroy them before they can take the system entirely.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 11:42:09 AM
Long threads for both topics already exist:

- thread for system and planetary defences is here

- thread for eent/alert messages is here
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment