Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] Several interface suggestions

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 12:36:11 AM
Here are just a few quick interface suggestions after having played for about 10 hours. I don't think anyone else has said them...

1. When an opponent attacks on their turn, the battle summary should pop up when it rolls around to your turn again. Currently there is no way to look at the summary for a battle that didn't happen on your own turn.

2. Dragging your population points from one planet to another inside one star system is a great idea, and extremely convenient. However, currently it is a little fiddly - you have to drop the population point exactly onto the empty population pip. This task is made more difficult by the camera, which pans as you move the mouse around. To make this more convenient, I would propose three changes.

A. Change the cursor to reflect the amount of population picked up. A good reference point might be Dungeon Keeper 2's cursor.

B. Allow the user to drop population onto the planet, not just the population pip.

C. 'Pause' the camera when population has been picked up, to prevent wandering hotspots.

I believe that these three changes will help make the population-moving process even smoother than what it already is.

3. The hero ability selection screen is, I think, lacking in easily accessible information. While all the information is available, it's not presented in an easily understood manner. A skill tree to help players visualize how their hero is developing would be great for a number of reasons, most of which I don't think I have to explain.

Anyways those are just my suggestions for now - what do you guys think?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 12:44:29 AM
All good suggestions, and I certainly agree that there needs to be a hero skill tree. I know where some of the traits lead to, but other times I feel like I can't properly plan ahead. There are only so many hero levels, and they shouldn't go to waste!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 3:46:59 AM
Nice collection of suggestions.

Your ability screen point brings to mind one of the things that's been bugging me: lack of confirmation or undo, i.e. a "Commit" step, for picking abilities...one mis-click or moment of confusion and you are either "gimped" or need to reload.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 8:05:44 AM
I have a small suggestion on interface, so i'am using this thread to post it.

Would it be possible at game creation to change the colour of AI alien races ? I personally prefer to put evil races with colours as red/orange and friendly races blue/green. Currently we cannot change it (or i did not found it).
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment