Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Custom AI governor logic list

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 4:22:27 AM
I would like to be able to set systems to follow a predefined improvement building logic list. It would have a list of all system/planet improvements/exploitations possible and the player will be able to set conditions and arrange the priority of the improvement.

For example:

BUILD Heavy Isotope Refineries

BUILD Planetary Institute (once the tech is researched it'll automatically add to queue if the system is idling so you don't have to manually upgrade every system)

IF PLANET IS LAVA build 3D Replication Plants

IF POPULATION > X build Adaptive Taxation Systems

NEVER build Camouflage Radiator (if system has it already it will be scrapped)

NEVER build Inert Hulls etc.

ELSE build smiley: industry -> smiley: dust

I think this suggestion would speed up multiplayer games a lot if we can just load up a predefined improvement logic list so we don't have to babysit mature colonies.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 8:06:48 AM
Yeah pre defines would make it more useful than relying on the mad economist ai thats in the beta atm.

Would definitely help speed things along with an overide for those planets that have anomolies that need sorting out or skew what your predefines set out to do with the planet.

This is a tough one really for Dev time as I would also like to see more variety on the planet side ofthings without the crutch anomolies try to represent in making a planet "another strange new world" from its rubber stamped neighbour.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 8:16:30 AM
I would LOVE to have direct (pseudo) programming control over the AI govs behaviour. in fact, in my opinion having something like that would be a terrific selling point for the game! but I fear it's going to be hard to implement that well in a user friendly way. I understand most players aren't going to be charmed much when faced with having to learn basic programming to be competitive.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment